Main Menu

FRIDAY damage

Started by Jarhead0331, October 12, 2018, 06:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Quote from: RommelFox on October 12, 2018, 01:06:44 PM
Sold my house so mostly packing, but I'm planning on some Vietnam '65 and Civ IV.

I heartily approve!  I have a 15 civ Huge map with Teams of 3 civs each.  I am Ethiopia.  My teammates are Shaka and Mansa Musa.  We sit atop the board and are currently engaged in dismantling the team of Montezuma, Pacal and Huayna Capac.  They are too close to me technologically.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Huw the Poo

Warframe of course; my gaming group and I made a clan and we're steadily building up our dojo and researching all the cool stuff.

I just bought Starpoint Gemini 2 on a whim so I'll take a look at that as well.  I remember enjoying the first game.

Also for timewasting purposes last week I bought Carrier Deck and it's been a surprisingly compelling experience so far.  Well worth the money.  It's just the right level of frustrating.  In order to get five stars on every mission you have to be more or less perfect in your airframe management.  I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would; and when I'm done with the campaign there's a survival mode along with standalone random missions to do.

Yskonyn

Battletech, Destiny 2, Warfighter Modern Solitaire and I am studying the StarFire rulebooks. My intention is to come up with something later this year thats based on the StarFire ruleset, but much more playable as a forum game! The system has some mechanics thats are just genius, but it has become so convoluted over time. Less is more, but that takes time.
The great thing about the system is that the GameMaster runs the Non-Player-Races so he is not only an admin looking what others are doing. Also, if someone wants to go on a break, but return later, his race can jurt be put on NPR autopilot mode for a while.
Excellent base to create something forum worthy!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 12, 2018, 03:22:38 PM
That was more for Gus anyway.

...who can be a dwarven captain, trading on the coast, shelling Slaanish sirens.

Quote from: Gusington on October 12, 2018, 06:30:18 PM
^Are you messing with me again?

Literally in the game. (Though for "siren" you should think of a floating base which sends out a sonic signal that drives people crazy to join up with Slaanesh.)

Having said that, I'm a tad unsure if you can start as a dwarven captain, or if you unlock that new start position along the way. I shall experiment and report back. Possibly with a video.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Not the video I had in mind. But somewhat acceptable.

Note, not entirely SWF.

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

airboy

I'm playing Hard West which is quite creepy.  Very different game from what I usually play.

Steelgrave

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 13, 2018, 07:23:07 AM
Not the video I had in mind. But somewhat acceptable.

Note, not entirely SWF.

That was fun though   8)

Gusington

That's what's she said.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 13, 2018, 07:09:37 AM
Having said that, I'm a tad unsure if you can start as a dwarven captain, or if you unlock that new start position along the way. I shall experiment and report back. Possibly with a video.

Alas, it does not seem to be possible to start a dwarf campaign. Only a human campaign (though that can be one of a few human factions, or the four Chaos factions). Dwarves are in the game... I think... but not as player characters.

Moreb

I had envisioned a weekend of college football and digging into tw: warhammer but alas that wasn't to be. I was asked to work Saturday and Sunday. Gotta get it when you can although uncle sam will grab much of it.

Monday I start a new project at our zoo and shortly after that a larger project at a municipal theater in the same park. Should be an interesting fall.
When dongles fly? - mirth

mikeck

Finally getting the hang of Histwar Napoleon. In some ways I enjoy it more than Scourge of War.
Of course, it helps that I'm halfway through the book "1809: Thunder on the Danube" and I can play the battles of Adensberg, Eckmuhl, etc.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

^Combining books, films, games, etc. of a similar theme at the same time has become a hobby of mine.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Histwar: Napoleon...man, that's  a game I haven't thought of in a while.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Huw the Poo

I bought a few games on Steam last night:

Gemcraft: Chasing Shadows.  A very interesting take on tower defense.  You place empty towers on the map then craft gems of various colours and grades to fill them with.  Different colours have different effects and call can be mixed and upgraded etc.  There's a shitload of interconnecting systems to vary the gameplay and I gather there's a hell of a lot of maps too.  I recommend it very highly to be honest; from what I've seen so far it looks like a bit of a gem lololololololololol.

Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising.  Anyone remember this classic?!  It's probably the third time I've bought it.  It's getting rather painful to play on modern screens but I dare say I'll do a fair amount of the campaign before giving up.

Stars in Shadow: Looks very promising but there's a graphical bug preventing me from playing which I'm trying to solve.

RommelFox

Quote from: MetalDog on October 12, 2018, 11:20:41 PM
Quote from: RommelFox on October 12, 2018, 01:06:44 PM
Sold my house so mostly packing, but I'm planning on some Vietnam '65 and Civ IV.

I heartily approve!  I have a 15 civ Huge map with Teams of 3 civs each.  I am Ethiopia.  My teammates are Shaka and Mansa Musa.  We sit atop the board and are currently engaged in dismantling the team of Montezuma, Pacal and Huayna Capac.  They are too close to me technologically.

I'll take all the hearty approval I can get!

I'm Egypt and appear to be surrounded by every other player.  This should be fun haha.
My ancient Egypt site:
Gods and Pharaohs