The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

UI may be bad for some but it can be learned if you go out of the Harpoon mindset.

I like the idea of "missions" as opposed to manually plotting and directing attacks like Harpoon Classic. And once you learn the mission mechanics,  it's the exact same scheme in designing scenarios and setting AI plans.

I'm not geek enough to care about which game is more accurate in simulating warfare and equipment so I don't really care if the database is faulty and uneditable. I'm more into usage and general feel.

Hapoon classic still has a place in my heart but I'll play Command instead of that Hapoon 3 Advanced Naval Warfare anytime.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Dimitris

OK.
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

Reckall

No offence taken. And, BTW, the address of the review has been posted here, too. :)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Reckall on October 14, 2014, 12:47:26 PM
No offence taken. And, BTW, the address of the review has been posted here, too. :)

Don't be a smartass. If you all refuse to get along, just ignore each other.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Coiler

To try and get the thread back on topic...

Are there any ideas for scenarios that the C:MANO players here think haven't been explored as much they should be?

Kushan

All eras of the Cold War, because backfires vs F-14's never gets old.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

undercovergeek

The civil war scenario mentioned on the above link sounds interesting

mirth

Quote from: Kushan on October 14, 2014, 07:11:21 PM
All eras of the Cold War, because backfires vs F-14's never gets old.

Dance of the Vampires
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Airborne Rifles

With all the scenarios based on RSR and The War that Never Was I am going to have to buy this game eventually. Just waiting for the opportunity to run it by the wife. Any sales on the horizon?

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Airborne Rifles on October 15, 2014, 08:48:01 AM
Any sales on the horizon?

Haha!  You're funny. ;)

(To be fair, it has recently been on a small discount on Steam but we're unlikely to see another for quite a while)

RyanE

For those paying attention there was also a sale on Matrix (I think for $60) for a week in the beginning of Oct.  I think it got lost in the noise around the Steam release.