Main Menu

Destiny 2

Started by Jarhead0331, September 05, 2017, 10:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Anyone picking this up tomorrow? I'm torn, between getting it now, or waiting until late October for the PC release. The truth is, if I don't buy anything on the consoles, they will get no use and since I haven't fired up my PS4 in nearly a year, I'm inclined to give it some love for a change.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tpek

I'll be playing it on the PC.

I tried playing the original on my PS4, and couldn't get the hang of playing an FPS with a controller.
I even went and bought myself a special K&M adapter for the PS4, but still never played the game that much.

Jarhead0331

The game really kicks ass. Its drawn me in much deeper than the original Destiny. I attribute this to the much more coherent campaign and engrossing "adventure" mission-based experiences.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

OJsDad

I'm getting it on PC, but only because I got it free with the video card I just purchased. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: OJsDad on September 11, 2017, 09:30:40 AM
I'm getting it on PC, but only because I got it free with the video card I just purchased.

I thought about holding off for the PC version, but I'm too impatient to wait and I don't have the HD space to spare anyway. Also, I heard the PC version was developed by a studio other than Bungie. Finally, DLCs are usually released on the consoles long before they hit the PC versions.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

mirth

I'm eyeing it for the XBone.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Tpek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 11, 2017, 09:32:17 AM
Quote from: OJsDad on September 11, 2017, 09:30:40 AM

I thought about holding off for the PC version, but I'm too impatient to wait and I don't have the HD space to spare anyway. Also, I heard the PC version was developed by a studio other than Bungie. Finally, DLCs are usually released on the consoles long before they hit the PC versions.

That would explain why the PC version will only be coming out October 24, instead of Sept 6 like with consoles.

Grimnirsson

We will do the same strategy as with the first game. Waiting for a GOTY version half the price, bugs ironed out, balance stuff done and with many DLC add ons included.  O0
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

JudgeDredd

I haven't watched this entire review yet - I'm just about to.

However, I thought it was worth posting to show that whilst everyone seems aware that DLC is a thing now and alot of people weren't really bothered (including me - afterall it was additional content for a few dolla and you didn't have to buy, right?), some people were very skeptical (including people on these very forums) of game content being hacked out to fund the DLC show, and Angry Joe has picked up on that very thing - very short games with upcoming expansions - in his last few game video reviews.

This is the second or third review I've seen of a game by Angry Joe where he's specifically pointing out how short a game is only to point out that you can buy expansion passes to the game.

Anyway - here's his review. Like I said, I'm just about to watch this so be aware I don't know if there's any spoilers in there (though he doesn't normally put spoilers in his game reviews) - just watched it and there may be spoilers.

Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

It was a day one purchase for me as I am still leading the Dads of Destiny Europe Clan.
We have grown to 80 members in the first two weeks of release!

The game is awesome. Much more coherent than the first part. I am LL240 now, just unlocked Nightfall strikes. Raid unlock next.
I was going to get it on PC as well, because I think the PvP scene will be more popular over there. I hear a lot of guys planning to jump over from console to PC for the PvP (it just sucks with a controller!).
But I am having such a great time with the Clan that I am not really sure now. It will probably end up being mostly PvE with clanmates and fool around in PvP without being very competative. :P

Always willing to Fireteam-up if you spot me.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Grimnirsson

QuoteI am LL240 now

Are you not afraid that there will be a downtime when you have done everything and the (first of many) DLC is not out yet? That's why I will wait for a more complete package as I said.

Quote(it just sucks with a controller!)

No...it doesn't...it is not the controller... you know...  :peace:
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Yskonyn

No I am not. The events are more dynamic now and dont feel as much of a grind.
Milestones and Challenges make sure you get daily or weekly high level rewards. Especially important after you have hit the soft-cap of 260. Thereafter many gear you will find is of the same or lower grade than what you have so levelling up comes from exotics and powerful engrams and or infusion.
Of course the late game grind is slower than the early game grind, but thats just a fact of these games.
Besides, I still have 2 other classes to level! :)
LL266 now.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

bayonetbrant

My son has been all over it since the day it came out.  He had pre-ordered it back in the summer to lock in the discount that came with it.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Tpek

By the time this comes out for PC, all the console players will have reached max level and stopped playing :P

Tpek

The game is finally supposed to come out for PC tomorrow.

Anyone here still plays it?