Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

A game you have to 'sink' time into?  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Water you talking about??! Subnautica gameplay flows so freely you'll never notice the hours passing whale they're happening!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

I played Microsoft Flight Simulator X on Steam for about an hour or so today (man I needed a break), thanks to Staggerwing's awesome gift of a Steam key for it, and not just that but got to play it with a pretty awesome ThrustMaster joystick thanks to Jarhead. It was pretty fun but there's a learning curve ahead...man alive there's tons of buttons not just on the flight stick and throttle, but keyboard combos to memorize as well.

I accidentally took this screenshot while playing around with the various views:

I'd just 'graduated' to this first tutorial with jets, and admit I wasn't sure what 'idle' throttle meant. When the tower cleared us to move to just short of the runway, the instructor's voice said to gently put the throttle to idle and then release brakes and slowly increase power to taxi to the edge of the runway. I had the throttle at what I know now to be 50% power, so when I released brakes, VOOOM went the jet right down the taxiway at about 80 knots. I tried turning but the patient instructor kept saying "you're turning too hard, just give it a gentle nudge" as we're flying down the taxiway. Good times.  :DD

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on June 20, 2017, 11:11:44 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on June 12, 2017, 06:01:22 PM

With the oddities of the ARMAIII free camera -- it looks like he should spend more time making sure his head stays in a vaguely human position.

And the Mohawks overrun a howitzer battery (Warpath Extension to Empire Total War):

And some Churchill IVs in Tunisia:

WallysWorld

Playing as Russia in the Distant Guns! campaign.

My task force made up of two cruisers and three battleships managed to catch four Japanese protected cruisers 70 kilometers south of Dalny in the early morning. Just before this battle, I lost a gunboat to the four PC's, but luckily I had this force just west so I quickly turned my task force and headed for the enemy's last known location.

The Japanese managed to turn and quickly hightailed it out of there as my 16 knot battleships could not keep up, but I managed to damage three of them while sinking one. Unfortunately I lost PC Diana which offset the victory for me. Disappointed that I didn't get more of them.

Japanese force heading away at high speed:

Line of three battleships with Poltava firing its 305mm guns. Petropavlovsk's searchlight has been knocked out.

The one victim that I did sink:

And my casualty:
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

jomni

Really interested in that game but never really bought it.

Sir Slash

Bringing back some fond memories of this game kicking my backside. OK, so they're not so fond.

WallysWorld

A few more screenshots as I ran into the three remaining Japanese PC's again just south of Port Arthur with my same force. No chance of any engagement at 30 km distance though.

Damage to Petropavlovsk:

And to one of the Japanese PC's which still maintained a 21 knot speed:
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Sir Slash

Damn that was a pretty game. I loved the damage models as the ships took a beating.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 28, 2017, 09:58:26 PM
Damn that was a pretty game. I loved the damage models as the ships took a beating.

It was fun!  P-39 over Tanoa (ARMAIII):

-budd-

From my CM Red Thunder PBEM.

This damn T-72 T-34 was causing me fits, blew the hell out of 3 squads of infantry, took out a Stug and one of my Panzers. No advance was possible in this area without taking that tank out. I tried with the Stug and Panzer to get a shot at it and lost both engagements. I sneak a panzershreck team forward into some trees, there in those trees for about 15 game minutes waiting for the T-72 T-34 to roll our from behind the building for the shot. Finally the time comes, the shot presents itself, 30 meters, his infantry are advancing so it has to be now.

The FU**er misses....died seconds later
[/url]

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

jomni

T-72 in WW2? Maybe that's why you're having a hard time.

-budd-

Hahaha... Opps.....30 years early, think I've been calling it that in my emails to my opponent also. Well the "T" part is right anyway.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

W8taminute

From one of my match's earlier today.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk