Counterstrike: GO Arms Deal

Started by RooksBailey, September 26, 2013, 09:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RooksBailey

Has anyone tried CS:GO Arms Deal?  I have to admit, this expansion makes the game more tempting:

And the new crafting mechanic:

I tried CSGO when Steam had a free to play weekend a few months back.  I liked it, but it just seemed so bare bones compared to Call of Duty or even Team Fortress 2.  But this addition seems to add some nice customization and crafting twists. 

Tempted to get in on the game. 
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

GDS_Starfury

I actually always prefered the pacing of CS over the CoD games.  I dont want real life in my game, I want a game.   Im impressed with the graphics but there comes a point where its overkill for me.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Mr. Bigglesworth

You think CoD is more realistic than CS? Not doubting as I havent played CoD since the first version. I used to be a CS pimp so the mechanics of that game are very familiar to me.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

GDS_Starfury

I dont think any of them are realistic.  I dont, however, like being overloaded with visual BS.  my pc can handle World of Tanks full tilt.  I play with almost all the fluff turned off.  Im after the game not the eye candy.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

RooksBailey

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 26, 2013, 11:30:12 PM
I dont think any of them are realistic.  I dont, however, like being overloaded with visual BS.  my pc can handle World of Tanks full tilt.  I play with almost all the fluff turned off.  Im after the game not the eye candy.

Yeah, neither one is realistic in the least, albeit, I would have to give CoD the greater realism edge just because you have iron sights and can go prone. 

My point of comparing CoD to CSGO was that I just didn't feel invested in the gameplay in CS.  To be fair, I only played it for two days during one of the free weekend deals, so I probably just didn't have a chance to really get into its allure.  But during those two days I just felt like I was on a treadmill playing the game for the sake of playing the game.  Which is fine  :D, but I like a bit of "meta-game" in my shooters.  I missed the customization options of CoD, and the loot drops of TF2.  Now that CSGO has added this stuff in, the game seems more attractive to me because there is a bit more depth to the experience.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway