Psst...Hey, Martok!

Started by BanzaiCat, January 04, 2014, 04:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Quote from: besilarius on September 01, 2017, 07:02:39 AM
Be afraid.
Be very afraid.

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sci-tech/nanotech-super-spiderwebs-are-here-20170822-gy1blp.html

I don't get why scientists find the excessive need to come up with things that can kill us. Kingdom of the mudderfuggin' Spiders, man.

Barthheart

Quote from: BanzaiCat on September 01, 2017, 07:36:22 AM
I don't get why scientists find the excessive need to come up with things that can kill us. Kingdom of the mudderfuggin' Spiders, man.

Cause it's there and it's fun to do.

trailrunner

I don't get why scientists find the excessive need to come up with things that can kill us.

Because making life better is boring, and doesn't pay well.

Barthheart

Quote from: trailrunner on September 01, 2017, 07:59:55 AM
I don't get why scientists find the excessive need to come up with things that can kill us.

O0

BanzaiCat

Quote from: trailrunner on September 01, 2017, 07:59:55 AM

Barth is an engineer. No telling what proton-enhanced arachnids he and his little mad scientist cabal are working on up there in the Great White North.

Ubercat

Barth is an engineer? Is that why he hates rounded corners? Does he hate Roman arches, too?   :P
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Barthheart

Why would I hate Roman arches? They are great examples of engineering.

BanzaiCat

I called him a physicist once and he took great umbrage (he apologized to me for my misunderstanding ;D ).

I think he collides things into other things, hoping for something to create a crack in the universe that will bring the mist and the spider-like creatures that will eat all of us.

mirth

Quote from: BanzaiCat on September 25, 2017, 02:07:16 PM
I think he collides things into other things, hoping for something to create a crack in the universe that will bring the mist and the spider-like creatures that will eat all of us.

I hope for the same outcome.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Ubercat

Quote from: Barthheart on September 25, 2017, 02:06:43 PM

So are rounded corners!  ;)

Hey, while I have you on the phone, do you happen to remember what we were playing on Vassal a few years ago? We probably played something because I notice that I have you in my Skype contacts. I don't know why else you'd be there.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Barthheart

Quote from: Ubercat on September 25, 2017, 03:52:15 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on September 25, 2017, 02:06:43 PM

So are rounded corners!  ;)

Hey, while I have you on the phone, do you happen to remember what we were playing on Vassal a few years ago? We probably played something because I notice that I have you in my Skype contacts. I don't know why else you'd be there.

We had a go at AH's War at Sea.

Ubercat

Definitely not that. Hmmm, the mystery deepens.  ???

- Thomas Sowell

Barthheart

Quote from: Ubercat on September 25, 2017, 08:29:18 PM
Definitely not that. Hmmm, the mystery deepens.  ???

Hmmmm.... maybe Lock n Load?

Ubercat

That could well be it.

I just auctioned off my entire WW2 LnL collection at WBC and got a song for it.  :(  I decided that it wasn't my tactical squad level game of choice. So far, ASLSK comes closest to filling that niche. Operational scale seems to be my true love, though, and I've been focusing on OCS lately.

- Thomas Sowell

besilarius

Is this debt worth it?

Twenty years in the future, an old, grizzled postman knocks on the door.  "It is time for some respect."
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.