Top 5 PC Games of 2018

Started by Grim.Reaper, January 01, 2019, 11:17:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Mods can feel free to close since I know in the past we had "games of the year" nominated/decided in another forum, but I don't think 2017 was ever done and not sure how many people actually look over there.  Thought with most of the holiday sales coming to a close over the next few days, might be nice to see what people thought their top (5) games or so where in 2018 in case people want to check them out, especially if still on sale.  Really no specific rules, just roughly what were your top games of 2018...heck, they don't even have to be games that came out in 2018 but games that dominated your time because you finally got to play them.

As I thought about my top games, I have to admit I really struggled...nothing stood out as much as I thought it would.  I bought a ton of games, but most did not have any staying power, which really has opened my eyes.  Not making any resolution to buy less games, but hopefully I will think about it more.

With that said, (3) PC games that I have played and enjoyed the most......sadly, I couldn't even come up with (5) myself that I played enough to endorse in anyway:(

1)  ActionPC Golf - My favorite sports game that gets updated every year....easily one of the most played games for me.
2)  Madden Football for PC - Although still has some issues, by far the best version in years and it also came back to the PC!
3)  CMSF 2 - Although still scratching the surface on this one, it has got me interested in the Combat Mission games again even with the questionable customer service and delays

Jarhead0331

1. Battletech
2. Assassins Creed: Odyssey
3. Kingdom come Deliverance
4. DCS F/A-18C
5. Subnautica (official release in 2018)
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

^I didn't know you played Kingdom Come.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Philippe

The hung-over sermon that Henry has to preach in Uzhitz is worth the price of admission.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Philippe

I haven't decided on the other four yet, but Kingdom Come: Deliverance will be at the top of my list.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Gusington

Word on the street is that Kingdom Come, now patched, is quite fantastic.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jomni

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

DennisS

Field of Glory 2
Battletech
Automation: The Car Company Tycoon
American Truck Simulator
Rise of Industry

Anguille

Anguille

I Don't think there were many good strategy games in 2018. Here's my short list:

- Northgard
- Aggressors: Ancient Rome
- Egypt: Old Kingdom

stolypin

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 01, 2019, 11:17:54 AM

1)  ActionPC Golf - My favorite sports game that gets updated every year....easily one of the most played games for me.

Interesting pick.  I've owned one or more versions of every ActionPC sports game except the golf game.  You may have given me a nudge. 

airboy

The only games released in 2018 that I actually played in 2018 that were excellent:

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire - which is excellent.
Order of Battle WW2: Sandstorm and Endseig were both excellent additions - but these were not full games.

I acquired Field of Glory 2 and Aggressors Ancient Rome - but have not played either yet.

Gusington

I can't wrap my brain around the fact that Field of Glory 2 was released in 2017.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd