Field of Glory Empires MP Game New Thread.

Started by devoncop, June 04, 2019, 01:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devoncop

For info of all players ...Asty, the player who nominated the Samnites as his choice of nation, having had some useful intelligence as to the probability of a very foreshortened game as a result has wisely decided that he is actually being called to lead the Etruscans by a grateful populace ! ;)

I have changed his nation to the Etruscans accordingly.

All the best

Ian
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

JasonPratt

Heh! -- they didn't fare much better. Arguably worse! The Samnites hung around for a while as a semi-independent mountainous vassal state.

Meanwhile, I recommend you add a link to the game's thread over at the Slitherine forum, to your signature here, Devoncop.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

devoncop

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 17, 2019, 05:01:17 PM
Heh! -- they didn't fare much better. Arguably worse! The Samnites hung around for a while as a semi-independent mountainous vassal state.

Meanwhile, I recommend you add a link to the game's thread over at the Slitherine forum, to your signature here, Devoncop.

I know what you mean but his choice and the Etruscans are a three region state, like Rome at the start whereas the Samnites only hold two so maybe a big effort will allow then to stick around !

Link to the Slitherine Forum MP game for Field of Glory Empires now added to my signature below.

Thanks Jason. Good call.

Gusington

Emails went out today for the game from Slitherine. Rejoice all!!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

devoncop

:cowboy:
Quote from: Yskonyn on June 18, 2019, 12:35:15 PM
Err what?

Don't get excited ! Just a promotional email for the 11th July release 😉

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on June 18, 2019, 12:50:47 PM
GET EXCITED

As Gus is a man who I believe has been known to moisten his loins on occasion here is some information for all players signed up for our MP game.

After having checked the setting up procedure with the devs I will be able to set up our game on the 11th of July and the password will be sent to all players by PM that day.
Players can sign in at any time from then until 0900 GMT on the 18th July once they feel happy to start.

If all players have signed in before the 18th and are ready to go then I will launch the game straight away rather than wait for the 18th  and you will get emails stating the game has begun via the Slitherine server (so make sure notifications are left in if there is an option to turn them off).

All players will then have 48 hours to submit their first turn and book into therapy for when they get the results of the first turn and see how their plans are already turning to dust :)

Some info on mercenaries follows from Pocus the developer :

Most nations can recruit one type of mercenary infantry and mercenary cavalry, as much as they wish, provided you have a mercenary center (this is to restrict a bit where you can get them as they are produced rapidly).
Carthage has instead 5 mercenaries, 1 can be recruited everywhere Carthage is, without rec center, and 4 are regionalized (Spanish Scutarii, etc.).
In addition to that, Nation of Civilization Level II or III can get a decision to recruit a whole army of mercenaries from a nearby tribal nation. In such case, you'll get a mix of units that can be recruited by said nation, so depending of your geographical position, it can vary a lot: German warbands, Numidian horsemen, Samartian armoured cavalry, etc.

al_infierno

I really like the sound of regionalized mercenaries!
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

devoncop

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

The Sabaeans are already living in dust, so my plans have nowhere to go but up!  :bd:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

devoncop

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 19, 2019, 07:57:39 AM
The Sabaeans are already living in dust, so my plans have nowhere to go but up!  :bd:

Given "up" from the location you are in at the moment means you are heading directly for Judea and the Antigonid holdings east of Ptolemaic Egypt I am sure we have all noted this statement 😉

JasonPratt