Steel Division 1944 (by wargame red dragon devs) in game trailer and unit stream

Started by Destraex, March 29, 2017, 07:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

^Maybe you're just the reincarnation of Gen. George S. Patton?

Definitely try increasing the enemy AI level. If you are on very easy or easy, I would expect it to not be particularly aggressive. You can also try assigning it a battle deck that you have designed. If you are giving the AI randomized decks, they could end up not being very balanced or offensive.

Finally, why would you ask something like this in the steam forums before you would ask here? That is the second time you've gone someplace else first over the last week...have the world's finest experts on wargaming done something to offend you?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

acctingman

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 17, 2019, 09:02:53 AM
^Maybe you're just the reincarnation of Gen. George S. Patton?

Definitely try increasing the enemy AI level. If you are on very easy or easy, I would expect it to not be particularly aggressive. You can also try assigning it a battle deck that you have designed. If you are giving the AI randomized decks, they could end up not being very balanced or offensive.

Finally, why would you ask something like this in the steam forums before you would ask here? That is the second time you've gone someplace else first over the last week...have the world's finest experts on wargaming done something to offend you?

Yea, you guys are so quick to respond. I know you're kidding, but no one has ever been offensive here and I find 99% of the folks here to be more than generous with their advice (and it's greatly appreciated by me who knows 1/10th of what you all know about war gaming), but it's just me doing my due diligence when I post on the game developers forums (that are dead for SD 44').

As far as posting on Steam, yea...that's on me. I should know better  :-\

Thanks for the tips JH

Jarhead0331

^Come here first, always. We know the developers and their games better than they know themselves.  :crazy2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

The AI is generally not the brightest. They generally just get extra points and bum rush you out of the blocks. So if your playing the AI it can just be a matter of rushing up and quickly getting defences in place. Because you know they are coming. They rely on a points advantage.

I agree with Jarhead. Give the AI some good decks that you have made and have them on medium at the very least. Choose a map that is not very open. Much harder to beat the AI without good fields of fire.
If you can bushwack the AI so well, perhaps it's time to fight H you Muns.

What I tend to do is play coop with a friend that is much worse than myself. Thus putting a lot of pressure on me to do the work. Talk about stress. My mate even knows it. "Lets do these settings, he says, I know you will pull me out of the fire." Needless to say it does not always work this way. SD44 especially in phase A is unforgiving if you lose your best units early.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

jomni

I can't even win against the AI above Easy Level.
And Easy is very Easy for me. That's why I stopped playing.

acctingman

Quote from: jomni on June 18, 2019, 09:39:00 PM
I can't even win against the AI above Easy Level.
And Easy is very Easy for me. That's why I stopped playing.

Tried the campaign again and I'm getting slaughtered, not as badly as the first couple tries.

Does SD2 have a difficulty meter?  :P

captaincold

Just picked up this game.

Is there a way to lower the AI in the campaign mode?

fran