Deadstick - Bush Flight Simulator

Started by em2nought, September 22, 2018, 03:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

Could be good. I'll be keeping an eye on that one!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Jarhead0331

The Concept sort of reminds me of Take On Helicopters.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

I remember seeing documentaries about these things delivering to single houses in the alaskan wilderness. They landed in insanely short distances sometimes dropping the wheels on one pass into the snow first to see if it was hard enough or to pack the snow.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Toonces

That does look interesting.  I'll have to await reviews once it comes out to make a decision, but the concept sounds like a win to me.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

em2nought

This bush plane is insane https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAZEfL3nmhg

Paragliding could make a good game too.  Never saw any footage like this before from "powered" paragliders.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciioZOhm1Hg  Makes me again start to think about trying it.  Most of what I've seen before looked a little boring.
Stolen elections have consequences.

bob48

Now, if we get chance to fly one of these;

'Clip those corners'

Staggerwing

It'd be cool if they added a Fieseler Storch or Morane-Saulnier Criquet to the plane roster. They were still used extensively long after WW2 ended, especially for rough terrain rescues.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

Yeah - the French used the Criquet (which was a licenced built version of the Storch) in Indo China as spotter aircraft.

'Clip those corners'

Toonces

You know, I wonder if it would be possible to at least get some of this experience right now in FSX using that Cargo Pilot add-on...I'm blanking on the name now.  With some good add-on VFR scenery, I'll be you could get a good way to what this will simulate, at least while we're waiting for this to be released.

I'm interested in giving this a go, but damn it's going to take me for bloody ever to reconstruct my FSX install from scratch...
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bob48

Interesting idea! I think that there is a Draco available for FSX (may be payware) that has a few variants, including tundra wheels. I shall investigate further.................

'Clip those corners'

Toonces

I just started re-downloading FSX.  I'm not sure if I have any bushplanes in my library.

bob48

I've found a payware package for the Wilga, but it seems to be the earlier (?) version with the radial engine and 2 bladed prop. I'll keep looking!

'Clip those corners'