So better stay away from Steel Beasts dongles

Started by RyanE, December 06, 2016, 10:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: RyanE on February 19, 2017, 07:47:09 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on February 19, 2017, 06:38:41 PM
Reminds me...

I need to sell my dongle.   Haven't been playing lately, and not sure if I will be anytime soon.  May as well cash 'er in.  Gonna get Ebay'd next month.

Was of the understanding, when I purchased, that transferring ownership was just fine.

I would actually consider buying it from you.  If you can confirm it can be transferred, I would seriously consider it.

I'll check into it. 

I know that people have been selling theirs for years.  Being able to was the main reason I buckled and paid the big money for it, knowing I could get some of the cost back if need be.  Just gotta figure out if I need to give any special notification or info to eSims.

It is the previous version of SBPro  (3.027/3.028), so it would still require a further purchase of the latest big update ($40).  A new one would cost $125.  So I'm gonna price it a tad lower than the difference when I sell.

Will update once I get something solid. 

RyanE

Final update unless something goes horribly wrong.  Bought a used dongle from Mr. Nefaro.  As much as it pained me, had to buy the 4.0 upgrade also.  But my goal of minimizing how much I gave esims was met.  A big thank you to Nefaro for making the transaction as smooth as possible.

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

DennisS

Quote from: RyanE on March 14, 2017, 03:13:23 PM
Just saw this on steelbeats.com.

http://www.steelbeasts.com/topic/11383-concerned/

Posting just for completeness.

Here's the money quote from ssnake:

a) Customs in Canada are notoriously slow; three weeks appear to be the norm rather than the exception.

b) If a stick disappears before the license has been activated, we'll send a new one without proof of destruction.

Once that the license is activated the situation is different, of course.

This is a POS company...one I will NEVER do business with.

DoctorQuest

I am still playing SB Gold, thank you very much.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Wburn

Did they ever change the resolution on gold I remember my older game was only 640 x480?

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Wburn on March 16, 2017, 04:59:20 PM
Did they ever change the resolution on gold I remember my older game was only 640 x480?

Not that I'm aware of. And it bothers me not a wit. I am an old-school gamer to begin with and eye candy in and of itself does not impress me as much as gameplay.

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.