Revisiting Black Day

Started by MengJiao, May 08, 2019, 12:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

I was never here before, but it feels like I've been here before:

Jarhead0331

Its pretty impressive for a one-man indie creation....
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 08, 2019, 02:00:22 PM
Its pretty impressive for a one-man indie creation....

Apparently there is some association with some modders from Arma3, but that's a rumor.  So I bought blue shirts for the "squad" since I nearly shot some of them during a little close-range shoot-out at a barn.  I'll been in trouble if the enemy wears blue.

Here they are in their not-so-blue costumes in which I almost shot them:

Jarhead0331

Don't beat yourself up. Could have happened to anyone.

Not sure blue is the color you want to go with though...you know...its not likely to prevent the possibility of a blue-on-blue incident.   :DD
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 08, 2019, 02:44:18 PM

Not sure blue is the color you want to go with though...you know...its not likely to prevent the possibility of a blue-on-blue incident.   :DD

I'm wearing black and so far the AI hasn't shot at anyone but the enemy.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on May 08, 2019, 02:53:54 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 08, 2019, 02:44:18 PM

I'm wearing black and so far the AI hasn't shot at anyone but the enemy.

The "squad" in Blue:

Jarhead0331

The sequel to this title is out in early access. It's called Black One Blood Brothers.  :idiot2:

In any event, been playing around with it and it is pretty cool. Has a ton of customization features and has some really cool and unique features...like a K9! Who has ever seen that in a tactical game? it also has a pretty robust tactical planning and squad management system.

In any event, if you own Black Day, it's free and if not, its got a 15% launch discount making it just over $15.  Don't expect Ghost Recon Breakpoint levels of polish, but for a one man show...impressive for sure.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1621560/Black_One_Blood_Brothers/

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Created by a French Marine...that's pretty cool. What can the K9 do? Take downs? Bomb sniff? Looking at the Steam page now.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Hate to ask, controller supported?  Just can't handle keyboard/mouse nowadays....

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 12, 2022, 12:50:47 PM
Hate to ask, controller supported?  Just can't handle keyboard/mouse nowadays....

Yes.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 12, 2022, 01:37:25 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 12, 2022, 12:50:47 PM

Yes.

Great, good to know.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on January 12, 2022, 12:39:44 PM
Created by a French Marine...that's pretty cool. What can the K9 do? Take downs? Bomb sniff? Looking at the Steam page now.

Well, the developer isn't a French marine, but there is a claim that the game was developed in "partnership" with a retired naval officer who served in the Commandos Marine. To me that sounds like there was a guy who gave some advice. I would take it with a grain of salt.

So far I've only used the K9 unit in the training scenario. You take control of him and get to attack a hostile with him. The dog's main use seems to be reconnaissance, but it does have offensive capabilities, as well. Arf. Arf.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

HA 'there was a guy who gave some advice' hahaha ok, point taken.

Cool about the dog. Sorta like a more intelligent, fluffy drone. That can eat faces.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on January 12, 2022, 02:02:50 PM
HA 'there was a guy who gave some advice' hahaha ok, point taken.

Cool about the dog. Sorta like a more intelligent, fluffy drone. That can eat faces.

Exactly...and there is a drone too. You know, in case you're not into eating faces...or feces.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd