RIP David Cassidy

Started by bayonetbrant, November 21, 2017, 10:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/21/entertainment/david-cassidy-dies/index.html

If you're under 45, you only know him from bad reality TV shows

If you're over 50, you or someone you know had his poster on a bedroom wall in high school (or, maybe a ceiling for the gals, or Starfury)

QuoteDavid Cassidy, who came to fame as a '70s teen heartthrob and lead singer on "The Partridge Family," has died, according to his publicist Jo-Ann Geffen. He was 67.

The singer-actor had recently been admitted to the intensive care unit of a Fort Lauderdale, Florida, area hospital. Cassidy was in critical condition and suffering from organ failure before his death Tuesday, Geffen said.

"David died surrounded by those he loved, with joy in his heart and free from the pain that had gripped him for so long. Thank you for the abundance and support you have shown him these many years," she said.

Cassidy's nephew, Jack Cassidy, tweeted about his uncle's death, saying "I can't help but thank God for the joy that he brought to countless millions of people."
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

My wife had a teenybopper crush on him back in the day.

Today, we both think Less Than Jake nailed his biggest hit.

WallysWorld

I didn't watch "The Partridge Family", but I used to watch "The Hardy Boys Mysteries" as my mother used to buy me the books when I was very young.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

MetalDog

RIP David.  Loved The Partridge family.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Sir Slash

My wife's fantasy crush before she met me. R.I.P. David.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Pete Dero

This is how I first came in to contact with the music  (I don't think the Partridge Family ever appeared on tv here)