Decades Feeder Bracket - 1968 Round of 16

Started by MetalDog, November 19, 2017, 06:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Alright.  Here we go.  1968 has almost as many classic songs as 1967.  I did the matchups a little different this time.  Wanted to mix things up a little.  I numbered the songs 1 to 16 rather than looking for matchups of two songs that would be difficult to choose from.  That's how we ended up with Cream versus The Monkees.  Or Otis Redding versus the Stones.  Let me know what you think of how that method turned out.  As always, thank you all for taking a minute to vote.  And vote consistently.  Thank you so much.   :clap:

The 1/16

The 8/9

The 5/12

The 4/13

The 6/11

The 3/14

The 7/10

The 2/15

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

trailrunner

This is a very deep bracket.  All great songs.  Too bad there will only be one winner.  What a year!

OJsDad

Quote from: trailrunner on November 19, 2017, 07:11:39 PM
This is a very deep bracket.  All great songs.  Too bad there will only be one winner.  What a year!

So Say We All!
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Barthheart

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on November 19, 2017, 06:30:10 PMI numbered the songs 1 to 16 rather than looking for matchups of two songs that would be difficult to choose from.  That's how we ended up with Cream versus The Monkees.  Or Otis Redding versus the Stones.

I was wondering...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

I HAD to vote for In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida in what I know is a losing cause for one simple reason....it was the very first music I bought as a teen that my Mom absolutely hated! And sorry, m'friends, but that's an important rite of passage   8)

Pete Dero

Much better than the 90's but that might be age talking ...

OJsDad

Quote from: Pete Dero on November 20, 2017, 04:00:44 AM

Much better than the 90's but that might be age talking ...

I agree. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Emeraldlis

4/13 was a tough choice for me! Great line up of songs though  :clap: nice way to spend half an hour listening to all that awesome music :)  thanks as always MD for putting that together for all us music lovers  O0
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Tuna

Quote from: Steelgrave on November 19, 2017, 10:05:32 PM
I HAD to vote for In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida in what I know is a losing cause for one simple reason....it was the very first music I bought as a teen that my Mom absolutely hated! And sorry, m'friends, but that's an important rite of passage   8)

You're Mom is not the only one that hates that song!!!.. Other than that outstanding Bracket!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Steelgrave

She woulda really hated The Simpsons   :DD

MetalDog

Quote from: Emeraldlis on November 20, 2017, 12:48:11 PM
4/13 was a tough choice for me! Great line up of songs though  :clap: nice way to spend half an hour listening to all that awesome music :)  thanks as always MD for putting that together for all us music lovers  O0

You are quite welcome!  And glad you listened to the songs.  I suspect most don't, so, it's nice to know someone appreciates all the trouble I go through to put these things together ;)

Quote from: Tuna on November 20, 2017, 01:01:06 PM
Quote from: Steelgrave on November 19, 2017, 10:05:32 PM

You're Mom is not the only one that hates that song!!!.. Other than that outstanding Bracket!

Thank you, sir!  I'm with you on the Butterfly.  Terrible song.  Sorry, Steelie  :(

Tuna

MetalDog

If there's one thing I've learned doing this is that the tastes of the ~14 people who vote in these things can run contrary to what I would consider sacred.  Even Jimi isn't safe.