What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

You can snort the clippings afterwards, too.

mirth

I save them as tribute to Barth.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

Should totally do a macaroni art project, but make it of counter clippings instead.

Bison

Poor. Barth and his fuzzy counters.

mirth

BanzaiCat

I can't imagine the arthritis I'd have after clipping 2000+ counters for that Iron Sky game.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Bison on April 13, 2018, 03:51:44 PM
Play tested a game today. 

the new Ukraine block game in the Corps Commander series?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 13, 2018, 08:47:23 PM
Quote from: Bison on April 13, 2018, 03:51:44 PM
Play tested a game today. 

the new Ukraine block game in the Corps Commander series?

One of my own, but in an observer role not as a schizophrenic solo player.

Bison

No Retreat! was on the table last night.  The game is very good at capturing the feel of the eastern front without hundreds of counters.  Every single decision has significance.  My opponent and I played until 1:30 am before calling it a night but the tide was turning and his Soviet red wave was being the slow inevitable march toward Berlin.

mirth

Couple of pics from yesterday's ACW (Shiloh) game

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on April 13, 2018, 04:54:58 PM
Quote from: BanzaiCat on April 13, 2018, 04:41:36 PM
I have Target For Today inbound, as well as Robinson Crusoe 2nd Edition.

I want to try Robinson Crusoe.  I've read that it's quite the brutal game and very hard to win.

Even the supposedly easy first scenario is brutal. 

I haven't circled back around to get more plays in.  With more experience it should get easier, but I still doubt it will ever be easy at all.  Especially if you move up to the fancier scenarios.

EDIT:  Which is a good thing in Solo/Co-op games.  If the automated death dealing mechanics in those aren't always on the verge of killing you for making poor strategic choices then they did it wrong.

BanzaiCat

I'm trying to get through Robinson Crusoe's rules now - man, 40 page rule book = not so easy. There's so many things going on in this game, even after watching the good "How It's Played" video and a few other play through videos I'm still not really sure I'll be able to wrap my head around all the concepts. I was pleasantly surprised, though, that there is a true solo variant where you get Friday and Dog to help you out (rather than a 'solo' variant being you play however many characters you want, which I think is still do-able, but not until I have a few plays under my belt).

Nefaro

Quote from: BanzaiCat on April 15, 2018, 01:11:42 PM
I'm trying to get through Robinson Crusoe's rules now - man, 40 page rule book = not so easy. There's so many things going on in this game, even after watching the good "How It's Played" video and a few other play through videos I'm still not really sure I'll be able to wrap my head around all the concepts. I was pleasantly surprised, though, that there is a true solo variant where you get Friday and Dog to help you out (rather than a 'solo' variant being you play however many characters you want, which I think is still do-able, but not until I have a few plays under my belt).

Just do eeet!

I read through the rulebook once, before playing, and still wasn't sure about some things.   It made more sense when I did a solo playthrough (with Friday & dog) and just followed through the turn sequence in the book IIRC.

:))

BanzaiCat

I DEED EET

...though it seems way too easy from a survival standpoint. However when you consider you, you know, have to WIN the bloody scenario, it becomes exponentially more difficult when it's just one player. That wood you need to build your signal fire in the first scenario is near impossible to do unless you focus on other producers early (like the Dam). But, you can't really produce without exploring, and Dog is a big help with that at least. And Hunting, though I've gotten damn few Hunt cards so far.