Decades Feeder Bracket - 1997 Final 8

Started by MetalDog, November 14, 2017, 08:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Well, I got some of the push back I thought I would.  Good.  It means y'all are paying attention ;)  Even though not everyone agreed with my selections, I think the initial round has given us some good second round matches.  I see a potential juggernaut developing.  I hope not.  As catchy as it is, it's just a terrible song.  Regardless, I'm sure you folks won't continue to pick it............will you?  :hide:  Thank you again for coming along with me and have at!

The 1/9

The 4/12

The 3/6

The 2/7

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

bayonetbrant

methinks no one really likes Smashmouth that much, they just don't like Will Smith
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

trailrunner

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 14, 2017, 09:41:02 PM
methinks no one really likes Smashmouth that much, they just don't like Will Smith

I did not even know that Will Smith song existed.

BanzaiCat

Will Smith is to gangsta rap as Gus is to height.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: trailrunner on November 15, 2017, 06:23:05 AMI did not even know that Will Smith song existed.

it was the theme song to the 2nd-biggest movie of the year (Titanic owned the money charts) and although it's been marred by a pair of mediocre sequels, the original MiB flick was a pretty enjoyable summer popcorn flick with a bunch of great snide jokes.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Pete Dero

Quote from: trailrunner on November 15, 2017, 06:23:05 AM

I did not even know that Will Smith song existed.

Maybe you know this one ?

His music is a sample of Forget Me Nots by Patrice Rushen from 1982.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: BanzaiCat on November 15, 2017, 07:02:00 AM

If Will smith was gangsta rap, Good Charlotte were the second coming of The Sex Pistols.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: BanzaiCat on November 15, 2017, 07:02:00 AM
I don't know that Will ever pretended to be gangsta, did he?

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 16, 2017, 06:26:01 AM
I don't know that Will ever pretended to be gangsta, did he?

Nah, but I remember how much some people ripped on him back in the late 90s.

Quote from: Arctic Blast on November 15, 2017, 11:29:49 PM
If Will smith was gangsta rap, Good Charlotte were the second coming of The Sex Pistols.

:2funny:

methinks no one really likes Smashmouth that much

I went to E3 in 2003 with the Wargamer people, and Mario got me a pass to a private (300-ish) party that nVidia threw. Free open bar with top-shelf liquor. By the time I was fairly buzzed early on, Smashmouth came out to play to the small audience. That was, admittedly, a good time.