Decades Feeder Bracket - 1987 Championship

Started by MetalDog, November 11, 2017, 09:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

In a year where heavy music ruled, we get two really good pop songs.  Instantly recognizable as soon as they come on the radio.  I honestly have no idea which way this will go.  I like it!  Have at!!

The 5/7

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

can't believe Welcome to the Jungle got whacked
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

jamus34

Well due to really not liking songs or bands the last two rounds have made my picks super easy.
Insert witty comment here.

BanzaiCat

That was a surprise that GnR didn't make it. Not that I don't like Peter Gabriel, but...

This vote is a bit easier. Peter Gabriel is awesome, but U2...

Tuna

30 years ago, I was probably a way bigger fan of U2 than Gabriel. But over time my admiration for U2 faded big time. But there a couple songs I still like, this is one of them. Gabriel back then, he was too pop for me, now I appreciate his talent a lil more, but U2 still won my vote for this one.

MetalDog

And I am the exact opposite.  30 years ago, I was digging whatever Pete put out and didn't care at all for U2.  Now, my love for Pete hasn't diminished, but, all those U2 songs I absorbed over the years fit my ear much better.  Where the Streets Have No Name is one of my favorites by them.  Still voted for Pete though ;)

BanzaiCat

When I first started in EMS I had a partner with tons of street experience. He loved U2 and this song especially. There was something cathartic about Where The Streets Have No Name playing at 5am, heading back to the main building after a long 12-hour shift.

Emeraldlis

It's U2 for me :)  where the streets have no name, is one of my favourite songs that they do. I still like the Peter Gabrielle song, but if I had to decide which of those two songs I would play and listen to first... It would be U2. So therefore, that is what's deciding my vote :)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

MetalDog