Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Wargaming / Re: Pro Strategy Football 2019
« Last post by Nefaro on Today at 10:15:53 AM »

The implementation of such ethereal things will never win over many people in these sports management sims IMO.  Can only cause a lot of headache.

Not sure about that, people in sports sim world often clamor for more control and detail (without sometimes thinking of the impact)....I think people welcome it if done in a good and non-tedious way, along with it being potentially optional.

For every 1 person who's happy about the implementation of individual players' feelings, there will be three who are not. 
Computer Wargaming / Re: Front Office Football Joins OOTP
« Last post by Nefaro on Today at 10:14:20 AM »
I didn't expect it until next year at the earliest.  *shrug*
Music, TV, Movies / Re: Let the Captain Marvel trailers commence!
« Last post by JasonPratt on Today at 10:13:00 AM »
^^ Only if the Winter Soldier is in it? I can't recall which canon it is, where Barnes is how Fury lost the eye. (I might be mixing things up with Av:EMH.)

I was talking about the MCU Fury.

Me, too. I can't recall if MCU Fury lost his eye to Barnes, or if that was the EMH Fury. I do recall that the MCU Fury said "the last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye".
Computer Wargaming / Re: Star Control: Origins
« Last post by FlickJax on Today at 09:37:08 AM »
Forking out for RTX2080 based PC next week :)

I don't think you need that system to be able to play Star Control  >:D.

True but dont tell the wife  she is having my old system :)  I5 2.8GHz and Radeon RX480 8GB
Computer Wargaming / Re: Best Friday you ever had
« Last post by Ian C on Today at 09:30:42 AM »
Some HOI 4 Black Ice mod and getting back into Cities Skylines since I got all the official DLC at 50% on the Paradox store.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Wings Over the Reich released
« Last post by DoctorQuest on Today at 09:20:29 AM »
I haven't looked at my WOTR install yet but CFS2/3 had a "target cone" widget you could turn on that would help you locate a padlocked target. I guess some folks considered it a cheat but in the absence of something like TrackIR it was very handy.

Computer Wargaming / Re: Wings Over the Reich released
« Last post by ArizonaTank on Today at 08:48:59 AM »
F1 cycles the views.  F6 takes you back the gunsite.  Do you have trackIR ?

I don't have a TrackIR at the moment, and I find WOFF almost impossible to play because of the difficulty in maintaining "eyes on" the target. Hopefully Wings Over the Reich is a better.  Or, is TrackIR really a necessity and not just a "nice to have"?
Computer Wargaming / Re: Best Friday you ever had
« Last post by MengJiao on Today at 08:21:18 AM »
Steel Division of course. Still enjoying this game. So hard to master.
A little holdfast nations at war
Post scriptum. I hear the German servers for this game are insanely organised. May check that out.
Dawn of war 3

I am also thinking of playing some naval action and war thunder ships.

Somewhat similarly -- Steel Division (solo!)...Post Scriptum (I'm sure the German servers are insanely organized which is just one of the many reasons I usually play on the "Allied" side in WWII FPS games)
  And some World of Warships and some "boardgame" Harpoon saga things.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Star Control: Origins
« Last post by mbar on Today at 07:02:56 AM »
I'm downloading it right now, but I doubt I'll have much time to play it.

I bought it too but doubt I'll be able to give it a good playthrough until into October.
Tabletop AARs / Re: Greenland Sea: April 28, 2022
« Last post by MengJiao on Today at 06:59:36 AM »
Been chatting with Rod Serling again, Meng?

I think what happened in a nutshell, was that I stumbled across a pile of my old Harpoon stuff whilst sorting things in my all-new man cavern.

So that must have gone something like this: I decide to look into some of the plastic bins that I have randomly removed from the barn and transported to the new cavern.  I'm guessing the box of harpoon stuff was under a box of old "computer stuff" (as in "You never know when you might need  a couple of hundred pounds of RCA plugs and cables.") and I'm guessing it was at first innocently disguised under a layer of Fear God and Dread Nought-type things.
And then...(cue twilight-zone-music "doodoodoodowa - doodoodoodowa") there's Harpoon4 and a lot of items back to the original 1987 game.

The components I have only cover up to about 2002 so I need a "future" that is roughly 20-30 years behind the times and a reason for that and a reason for a war (aliens looking for Cobalt) and a locale (Greenland and the SuperSized Gulf stream and vast undersea coal deposits that are about to emerge due to the falling sea levels).  The opposing sides are Russia and Mediterranean powers versus the Atlantic Powers (France, UK, Germany, Norway, and the Netherlands)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10