Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Wargaming / Re: Combat Mission status
« Last post by MOS:96B2P on Today at 12:50:17 PM »
I was pleasantly surprised when installing CMSF2 big bundle. It went totally without a hitch & I only had to use the one activation key obtained with the big bundle purchase. I guess this is because I have all of 
CMSF1 still installed. Did breathe a sigh of relief that all went smoothly, though.

Same here, big bundle and no problem.  I'm so glad they went to the all in one installers.  Now let the scenarios and campaigns begin................

Computer Wargaming / Re: Share your Screenshots!
« Last post by MOS:96B2P on Today at 12:38:30 PM »
Nice shots, MOS:96B2P!
Do I spot the 'street rubble' mod there?

It's a new mod by Pete Wenman called "Squalor"  Below are some proper shots of the mod. with a few unconventional dudes thrown in. 

Computer Wargaming / Re: Aggressors: Ancient Rome
« Last post by airboy on Today at 11:17:13 AM »
I've got it.  When I finish up my grading I'll start playing this and PanzerKreig.  I'll eventually have detailed reviews of both published.  But you know me, I never write a review without at least 30 hours of gameplay.  But since I'll be retired in a couple of weeks, that should be more easily accomplished.
Computer Wargaming / Re: You can't feel my FRIDAY driving me insane
« Last post by JasonPratt on Today at 10:38:55 AM »
As much as I like Panzer General successors, WHY DO I KEEP FORGETTING THIS GAME EXISTS -- AND I'VE ALREADY GOT IT?!!?  :pullhair:

Dl'd last November's patch and applied...

Incidentally, I just discovered that the developers did produce another game in the series, released on Steam late August last year:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/606950/Army_General/

The campaign is North Africa this time. It's normally US$20.
Forum-Based Games / Re: Italian Era GROGPUBLIC game thread
« Last post by JasonPratt on Today at 10:09:11 AM »
TURN EIGHT -- FORUM PHASE
-------------------------

The Frog’s Plutocrats have Appius Claudius as the Roman Consul, thus as the highest ranking available officer, and so start around the table.

Starting from this point, there are 6 Italian Era deck cards remaining. If the first one is black-text, and so plays openly to the Forum, and if it has a white border, that will trigger the start of the Early Provincial Era.

The Plutocrats roll 4+6=10, and the Frog draws a red-text Faction card to his hand. I've sent him a p-mail (and hangout chat direct message) about it.

I'll have to wait until the Frog posts or sends me directions, to continue.

Meanwhile, since that card wasn't an Early Era (white border) card played face up, the next Era has not yet started. From this point on, playing an Early Era Faction card face up will also start the new Era. (I mean if a Player plays a white bordered card from your hand.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10