Romulan Star Empire War Report

Started by Anguille, August 13, 2014, 04:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

Turn 642

The foolish Cardassians have not learned their lesson....after the first war and their final defeat at Cardassia, they have again declared war against the mighty Romulan Star Empire. They tried to enter the space in Cardassia and were suprised to see a fleet of cloaked Warbirds...they fled like rabbits would the human say!

Our first reaction was to take Psi 2000 and establish a puppet government....this time however, we're going all the the way and we will take ALL the remaining planets of the Cardassians!

The Romulan Star Empire has good relations with the Federation (above) and the Ferengi (far away). The Klingons are not a threat with their tiny empire. Therefore, the war against the Cardassians can be dealt with the full focus of the main command, the War Plan Councils and the Tal Shiar.

Anguille

Romulan - Federation border

While we have good relations with the Federation, the Romulan Star Empire still maintains a large fleet near the border of the neutral zone...we never know with them. Their weren't very pleased when we took control of Vulcan many years ago. Romulus can be reached in a few days by the Federation ships so we have to keep things secure.

On the other hand, Earth is not very far either and, in case of difficulties, could become a target for our navy in the Federation decided not to be cooperative...

Anyway, we will focus on Cardassians and Cardassians only...for now.

Martok

Nice!  That looks like the BOP mod, yes? 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Anguille

Quote from: Martok on August 13, 2014, 05:04:21 AM
Nice!  That looks like the BOP mod, yes?

Yes it is....it's an old game i keep on playing....takes me forever!  :D

JasonPratt

No kidding, you're at turn 642!

Was there a previous AAR thread?  ???
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Anguille

Nope...just played for myself....

Current state

The Romulan Star Empire controls 27 solar systems. We are the greatest power in the alpha quadrant, yet, if we want to control it, we will neet to find an ally. At this point, only the Ferengi and the Federation are good choices with 20 systems each. Negotiations have not been as good as we hoped for and the Federation has constantly refused any collaboration beyond friendship for now...maybe we need to focus more on the Ferengi.

After the last battle, the Cardassians have retreated their fleet to T'lli Beta. We first thought to attack Andoria but it's well defended with 20 orbitals bases and we would lose many ships in the process. The Cardassians could then attack our weakened fleet there and prevent the invasion. After much discussions and debates, we have finally decided to take a major risk. We're going to send all the ships we have in Cardassia and Psi 2000 on an all or nothing battle. If we manage to take out the Cardassian fleet, they won't be able to create enough new ships to offer any kind of resistance and we will be able to focus on the invasion of their planets...if we lose the battle...we will have to protect our borders fast...

Martok

Now watch the Cardassians somehow sense you coming, and pull out of T'lli Beta just as your combined fleet arrives...  ::) 

Incidentally, I am now going to have to go play BOTF again.  I'd managed to resist its siren call for some time now, but reading this is giving me "the itch" once more.  Thanks, Anguille!  :P 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

Anguille

You're welcome!

All cloaked ships in Cardassia set the direction to figth the Cardassian fleet at the rendez-vous point! Warp!

As we hoped, the Cardassians are still there with their entire fleet! This is going to be a big battle!

Obviously, using our cloacking advantage, we hope to cause as much damage to their ships as possible...Cardassians ships are strong!

Anguille

And so the battle starts....The first strike takes the Cardassians by surprise as they see a sea of torpedoes and laser shots hitting their ships!

The ships take new positions to hit them hard again

The battle is intensive and many ships have already beend destroyed on both sides!

Martok

Egads.  Even if you won, you had to have suffered fairly significant losses in that battle. 

The fact that around half the Cardassians main force appears to consist of the smaller Galor-class cruisers probably gives you an advantage in "ships of the line".  However, does it make up for how badly outnumbered you are in terms of fast-attack craft?  Let's hope... 

bbmike

Turn 643!  :D
Well, I'm glad to see that the game keeps playing that long without crashing.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Anguille

No crashing indeed.

The Warbids turn around the Cardassians and fire at will...

Ships explode all around...this is huge battle...

Yet there are still many ships on both sides...and nobody thinks about a retreat...this is going until the last ship...

Anguille

The Cardassians ships have been hit hard during the last phase of the combat and try to take position behind the Warbirds. But the reaction is fast and laser beams go through the hulls of many Cardassians ships.

Finally, the last enemy ships have been destroyed...the Romulan Star Empire is victorious

We have 13 Warbids left...highly veterans...these ships/crews will be used to secure space while a new fleet will come to do the invasion. The Cardassians just had their "Waterloo"....now, we have to finish them off.

Martok

Nice job, Anguille!  I know Warbirds are tough (thankfully), but I'll admit I wasn't sure if they'd be able to overcome the Cards' greater numbers.  Well done.  :) 

Anguille

Thanks...

We'll see what happens next...  ;)