Main Menu

Forum issues?

Started by Grim.Reaper, April 21, 2019, 07:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: airboy on April 22, 2019, 08:15:46 AM
I have sporadic issues with the website and have had them since the site migration.  I suggest getting an IT person to migrate the last year of the forum if that is what it takes to get the website to run in a clean fashion.  But this is not my property and you can do as you wish.

Thanks for the advice, and the reminder that we can do as we wish.

In case it isn't self-evident, Gus and I are keeping this site afloat and running because we love the community and we love talking about games. We don't get paid. We don't get fame. We don't get ladies. We both have day jobs that are quite demanding. We both have wives, kids and lives outside of this place too. That leaves us with limited time and a limited budget to run and manage things.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience caused by temporary disruptions and a little bit of lag. I know it can be frustrating. We thank you for your loyalty and hope you will all continue reading, posting and contributing.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

Any inconvenience on my part is more than made-up for by the content and features of the site. I will, 'Grog' till they put me in my grave. And after that if possible.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 22, 2019, 09:13:01 AM
Any inconvenience on my part is more than made-up for by the content and features of the site. I will, 'Grog' till they put me in my grave. And after that if possible.  O0

Thank you! That is the spirit!  :notworthy:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

DoctorQuest

+1000000000000000000!!!!!!
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

W8taminute

Thank you JH and Gus and anyone else I missed who work on this site and keep things going. 

I can't even imagine how challenging it can be as I'm not an IT guy either but I do know that it can be a huge time sink just to keep a website and forums afloat. 

I love this community as well and am glad that there is somewhere to go to hang out even with the sporadic forum issues.   8)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

steve58

Quote from: DoctorQuest on April 22, 2019, 09:49:39 AM

+1000000000000000000!!!!!!

+1000000000000000001!!!!!!
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Sir Slash

WHOA! Lets not go too easy on 'em.  :coolsmiley:  I was just trying to kiss-up a little.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: W8taminute on April 22, 2019, 10:22:49 AM
Thank you JH and Gus and anyone else I missed who work on this site and keep things going. 

I can't even imagine how challenging it can be as I'm not an IT guy either but I do know that it can be a huge time sink just to keep a website and forums afloat. 

I love this community as well and am glad that there is somewhere to go to hang out even with the sporadic forum issues.   8)

Thanks JH and Gus for keeping this going for us!!!
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

I LOVE YOU GUYS  :'(

>:D

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

As you should ;)  Who else is going to love us?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

True that. We are kind of, 'The Last Jedi' of the internet aren't we.