NUTS! 4th Edition - Pzrjager Goes on Patrol!

Started by Jarhead0331, February 05, 2019, 11:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

CJReich46

Nice Job PzrJager!

I liked the Table Top Simulator screenies.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Sir Slash

Agree completely! That looks like fun.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

It looks like fun - but how does it work?  Did someone else run the Panzer IVs?  Was it the AI?

I've never done this and would appreciate some background.

al_infierno

Quote from: airboy on February 06, 2019, 01:23:04 PM
It looks like fun - but how does it work?  Did someone else run the Panzer IVs?  Was it the AI?

I've never done this and would appreciate some background.

Not sure about this supplement, but in the core Nuts! game, when playing solitaire, you move enemy units based on rolls against their rep on a few "Non-Player Infantry Movement" and "Non-Player Enemy Tank movement" tables.  It's a great system for solo play.

The game Pzr used is Tabletop Simulator, there's no AI, you have to know the rules and move the opponents pieces around.  It's basically a virtual sandbox for playing tabletop games, which is good for online play especially.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

tokyodan

This looks interesting. I have Tabletop Simulator but can't find Nuts! 4th Edition in the list of games available for TTS. What do I need to play this in TTS?

Pzrjager

I'm glad you guys enjoyed it!

al_infierno has it right. You need to learn the rules first then move around the game pieces in Tabletop Simulator. I want to add that I didn't use any supplements. Vehicle combat is included in the core rules.

You can get a hardcopy or pdf of the rules from the authors' site: http://www.twohourwargames.com/nufive.html

Once you know the rules just look around for maps to play on and WWII game pieces on Steam's Tabletop Simulator workshop.

al_infierno

^ For some reason I thought I remembered reading that this was done in the Hell Hath No Fury module... Just the counters though.  Whoops  :D
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

ArizonaTank

What TTS mod or mods were used for the map and pieces?
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Boggit

Nice article. I hope you are inclined to do an expanded one in the future with infantry support to guarantee that "Hell in the hedgerows" feeling. Sharp shooting with your tank though! :bd:
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat