Barry Bonds
Roger Clemens
Curt Schilling
Sammy Sosa
Larry Walker
Edgar Martinez
Fred McGriff

Pick your 10 :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

My 10

Chipper Jones
Jim Thome
Vladimir Guerrero
Trevor Hoffman
Gary Sheffield
Jeff Kent
Mike Mussina
Curt Schilling
Larry Walker
Edgar Martinez

Last few I cut

Brad Lidge
Omar Vizquel
Johan Santana
Johnny Damon
Livan Hernandez
Jamie Moyer

And even I'm not 100% sold on Lidge, Vizquel, Damon, or Moyer.
I wonder if Vizquel doesn't suffer from playing at the same time as Garciaparra and Rodriguez.
And Lidge pitched a lot of really tough innings, especially those years as a setup guy w/ Houston, that kept him from inflating his stats as much as Hoffman, but he just doesn't 'feel' like a Hall of Fame pitcher the way Mussina & Schilling do.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

acctingman

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 21, 2017, 06:47:48 AM
My 10

Chipper Jones
Jim Thome
Vladimir Guerrero
Trevor Hoffman
Gary Sheffield
Jeff Kent
Mike Mussina
Curt Schilling
Larry Walker
Edgar Martinez <------  :notworthy: :notworthy:

Last few I cut

Brad Lidge
Omar Vizquel
Johan Santana
Johnny Damon
Livan Hernandez
Jamie Moyer

And even I'm not 100% sold on Lidge, Vizquel, Damon, or Moyer.
I wonder if Vizquel doesn't suffer from playing at the same time as Garciaparra and Rodriguez.
And Lidge pitched a lot of really tough innings, especially those years as a setup guy w/ Houston, that kept him from inflating his stats as much as Hoffman, but he just doesn't 'feel' like a Hall of Fame pitcher the way Mussina & Schilling do.

MetalDog

Johnny Damon
*Andruw Jones
Chipper Jones
*Johan Santana
Jim Thome
Vladimir Guerrero
Trevor Hoffman
Billy Wagner
Mike Mussina
Curt Schilling
Larry Walker
Edgar Martinez

The asterisk denotes close, but no cigar.  In Santana's case, not enough time dominating (only 5 years) his peers and Andruw Jones was brilliant in Atlanta, but played 5 years too long at the end (mostly mediocre to poor) and spoiled it.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Arctic Blast

Vladimir Guerrero
Jim Thome
Chipper Jones
Trevor Hoffman
Billy Wagner
Manny Ramirez
Curt Schilling
Mike Mussina
Edgar Martinez
Omar Vizquel/Johnny Damon    -   I keep waffling back and forth between these two.

bayonetbrant

I can't figure out why there isn't more support from the voters for Vlad.  I get that he played too long in Montreal, but he was better in that outfield than Andre Dawson ever was, and handled the instability of that franchise better than anyone could've expected.

The dude hit like a machine, and not just slapping singles around the park.  And he'd hit everything

[yt]https://youtu.be/7Bqj3jynJnU[/yt]

mirth

Quote from: Arctic Blast on November 22, 2017, 11:48:44 PM
Vladimir Guerrero
Jim Thome
Chipper Jones
Trevor Hoffman
Billy Wagner
Manny Ramirez
Curt Schilling
Mike Mussina
Edgar Martinez
Omar Vizquel/Johnny Damon    -   I keep waffling back and forth between these two.

Good list. I'd probably go with Vizquel over Damon.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

I just have a hard time supporting Manny b/c of him being caught with PEDs - dude actually got caught and suspended

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

MetalDog

That's why I left Clemens, Bonds, Kent, Sheff, Sosa, and Manny off my list

mirth

For some reason Manny isn't as prominent in my thinking as a roid user. Don't get me wrong, I know he's guilty as hell, but I tend to forget for whatever reason.

I'm glad the roid era guys are being kept out, but I have a feeling they're getting in eventually.

bayonetbrant

When was Kent ever caught / suspected of PEDs? 

I think of him as a fringe candidate anyway (even tho he's in my top 10 of the current available), but I'm curious b/c I don't ever remember him coming up in the discussions

MetalDog

Maybe I'm mis-remembering on Kent.  Happens as you get older.

airboy

The one who really deserves it who has been kept out due to politics is Curt Schilling.  No performance enhancing drugs and outstanding on the field performance.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: airboy on November 23, 2017, 02:14:08 PM
The one who really deserves it who has been kept out due to politics is Curt Schilling.  No performance enhancing drugs and outstanding on the field performance.

100% agree.  Schilling was the ace on 2 different World Series winners, and the #2 guy on 2 others, and almost no one has the same playoff record he does (maybe Andy Petite?)