Jumpin’ Jack FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, April 19, 2019, 06:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

To my FRIDAY thread startin' brethren: I find it rolls off the tongue better if you use a word with two syllables like FRIDAY Jack Flash.  Just my .02 ;)

I'm not sure what it's going to be this weekend.  I've got a Warlock game I've been milking over 300 turns.  I've almost got the last of the six underworlds cleaned out and settled.  Anna the Benign will meet the same fate as my other opponents, assimilation.  If not Warlock, I may give Civ IV BtS another try.  I got burned out a couple months ago and it's about time to go back in.  I need to do some story prep for the p&p D&D session for next weekend.  Probably won't.  The procrastinator in me is calling.  The Premier League, too.  Man City v. Tottenham tomorrow morning at 6:30.  Wanna watch Raheem Sterling hat trick the Spurs.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Toonces

I'm going completely off the reservation.  I have a hankering for some operational naval warfare, which as you all know can be some slim pickin's.  BUT, I got a program D-Fend installed and it turns out that, finally, I can get Red Sky at Morning to run properly!  I bought it years and years ago, but I could never get it to run.  Now that I can, I'm going to break out the manual and see what it's all about.  I sure hope it's awesome!

I'm also planning on buying a completely ridiculous game, I think it's called Fishing Barents Sea or something like that; basically Euro Truck Sim but with fishing boats.  I don't know why, it just seems like a fairly relaxing game that doesn't require too much brain burn to enjoy.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I saw that Barents Sea Fishing game. Post some impressions! -- some negative reviews talking about game limitations made me wary of it.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Fighting my way through Fire Giants in Pillars 2 at the Ashen Maw and then a, 'Face to Face' with the god Eothas ( He could really use a breath mint).  :buck2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

CJReich46

Quote from: Toonces on April 19, 2019, 07:14:56 PM
I'm going completely off the reservation.  I have a hankering for some operational naval warfare, which as you all know can be some slim pickin's.  BUT, I got a program D-Fend installed and it turns out that, finally, I can get Red Sky at Morning to run properly!  I bought it years and years ago, but I could never get it to run.  Now that I can, I'm going to break out the manual and see what it's all about.  I sure hope it's awesome!

I'm also planning on buying a completely ridiculous game, I think it's called Fishing Barents Sea or something like that; basically Euro Truck Sim but with fishing boats.  I don't know why, it just seems like a fairly relaxing game that doesn't require too much brain burn to enjoy.

Red Sky- Sim Can. I remember that. I think I saw the ad in one of my old S&T or Wargamer mags.

Some reason I had the urge last week to fire up Caesar III, part of it was I realized I never finished it. I think my last time I played it I got as far as Tingis. So I thought, I would do it this time.  So I installed it, and it turns out there's a mod patch that permits 1600x900 resolutions, and it's pretty nice. So I got it started and I am on Miletus- Fish or Cut Bait, and it is a difficult one. I managed to complete it, but it was very sloppy and the tougher cities lie ahead so I might be restarting that one to improve on what I learned.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Toonces

Red Sky has a lot of potential.  Unfortunately I can't figure out how to save games (they save, but I can't reload them) and minimizing the game kills the resolution.  So for now, it's a no-go, but I'm going to continue to troubleshoot when I have more free time.

I ended taking a pass on Barents Sea Fishing.  I watched some YouTube videos of the gameplay and it's definitely not for me.  Ah well.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs