No Man's Sky on sale on GOG? Is it worth it?

Started by DoctorQuest, April 24, 2019, 12:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorQuest

The reviews are still not good. Have they fixed any of the "out of the box" issues it seemed to be having?

And it sounds like there may be better choices for this type of game? Star Citizen, etc.?

Discuss.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Jarhead0331

The game has been drastically improved with its patches and updates since release. Although it was not the game it was advertised to be when it first came out, I always enjoyed it. There is undeniably a lot more content now and it is totally worth it. Also, it is still being actively supported and two big updates are around the corner...one of them adding VR! All of the updates, by the way, are free.

You mentioned Star Citizen, so check out my separate thread on that if you're interested. It has come a long way, but the latest alpha built is very buggy for me. You have to have tolerance for that if you want to participate in the development. I have no doubt, that eventually, SC will be a revolutionary gaming experience. Obviously, its not there yet.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 24, 2019, 01:00:35 PM
The game has been drastically improved with its patches and updates since release. Although it was not the game it was advertised to be when it first came out, I always enjoyed it. There is undeniably a lot more content now and it is totally worth it. Also, it is still being actively supported and two big updates are around the corner...one of them adding VR! All of the updates, by the way, are free.

As someone who bought it at release (on the PS4), I agree 100% with this.  Totally worth getting; even if you don't play it for months, it's quite the experience.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 24, 2019, 02:08:23 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 24, 2019, 01:00:35 PM

As someone who bought it at release (on the PS4), I agree 100% with this.  Totally worth getting; even if you don't play it for months, it's quite the experience.

+1
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.