B&O Gamebox Refugee Game

Started by egg_salad, August 29, 2016, 06:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rstites25

Wabash ran for $270 and the trustee decided to withhold.  ;)

Or Woodall got all of it. Share price increased.

Over to l'amour for the Nickel

l'amour

I'd love to play again. I'd probably lean towards another game of this before 18xx because I like playing things with the same people more than once but I'd be happy to go straight to 18xx if you all prefer.

l'amour

Im not at home so I'll sort out my railroad tomorrow morning  (middle of the night for you ).

egg_salad

I rang the Wabash and paid out $27/sh.  Ni plate / l'amour is up.

Should go to the next page before doing this..
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer

binkman

I'd be happy to play B&O again, might have a slight preference for an 18xx.

rstites25

If we played 18XX, the games available on VASSAL are:

18AL
18VA
18GA
18EU
18Scan
18US

Rails has

18AL
18EU
18GA
18Kaas
18TN
18Lummer

The advantage of Rails is that it has rules enforcement and calculates the optimum route.

I'm open to either B&O or any 18XX (probably 1830 or 1889 would be a good place to start)

l'amour

NP ran for $33 per share, paid 231 to me, 66 to Woodall, 33 to Mike.

On to B&M / Mike.

egg_salad

B&M buys a 6 train, makes $25/sh, pays out.

Chris / C&O up.

binkman

C&O ran for $29/share.

Mike is up to run the Icky.

egg_salad

Icky bought the last 6 train and ran for 36/sh.

Erie / l'amour is up.

l'amour

Erie done. Paid 234 to me and 156 to Woodall. Pen to go next.

That's me done too. I'm finishing with (spoilers!) total wealth of $2961 (pending confirmation by the authorities). Not a shameful amount but certainly in the bottom half, maybe even dead last.

binkman

Penn ran for $51/share again, paying out $102 to Rex and the rest to yours truly.

Up to Rex to finish it out. Assuming he runs optimal cash production, I think James wins. Even if Rex trashes the NH and NYC, I think James will still win. Should look something like this:

James $4005
Mike $3669
Chris $3126
l'amour $2961
Rex $2621

If I had only held my stakes in the Penn and B&O, I feel like I could have done about 30% better.

Woodall

I think it was a mistake for me to dump my PRR as well. That said, I estimated a few things poorly which makes it seem worse than I had initially intended. Quite a company you have there!

binkman

Yeah, and the C&O could have been a beast if I could have gotten more money into it. I was hoping someone would throw in some venture capital when I started it; could snapped up a coal, hit the northeast, inflated the stock price and never looked back.

Woodall

I thought about it but it didn't look promising compared to my other options. And I wouldn't have had control.