Halo: The master Chief Collection on Steam!

Started by Jarhead0331, March 13, 2019, 09:57:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Someone else will have to answer that. I played Halo1's sp campaign for a little while (before being distracted by something else glittery), and I've played its multiplayer for a while (on a LAN with my late pupil). But not co-op campaign.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Bardolph

It's out, but off to a rather rocky start. The forum on Steam is full of complaints, about half are legit and the other half are people who can't read and are upset that Reach is the only game released today (it was announced they would be coming out in chronological order over the next year).

Took me an hour to figure out why I couldn't even log in or update my XBoxLive deal. Turns out my hosts file was blocking some Microsoft server. Seems like quite a few folks have had the same problem.
Sound issues, the guns are very muted but the voices seem ok. Some folks complaining about static.
I'm getting some screen tearing with the default settings but haven't tried messing with that yet.

Still, 140k people in game last I looked. And once I got in it played reasonably well other than the issues mentioned above. Haven't tried multiplayer yet.

JasonPratt

Yeah, I'm just gonna give it a few weeks for bug stomping. I have other things I can be doing.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Bardolph

Just a note to add I re-enabled my hosts file, unchanged and it let me back into the game, so if you have that issue you only need disable it long enough to start the game, do the Xbox Live account login process and then you can exit and re-enable your hosts file. (I simply renamed it hosts.bak and then renamed it back to hosts afterwards)

I played a good three hours that night. Still a lot of screen tearing but once I got blowing stuff up I didn't notice as much.