Is there any interest for starting a SEV MP game?

Started by Yskonyn, February 21, 2013, 06:26:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Well, the title says it all.

Some tips for getting the game to run on Win 7 64bit can be found here!
Flickering can be abolished by figuring out which program causes it that has popups in your taskbar.
Also, if you have the habit of having Taskmanager open, close it. It causes flickering too.

Furthermore, while the game defaults to Windowed mode, I have found you can run the game in Fullscreen mode perfectly fine, BUT you need to select a resolution that the game supports. Eventhough there are other resolutions listed in the graphics options.
For example, my laptop has a native res of 1366x768 and it is listed in the options. Selecting this resolution does not make the game start in fullscreen, however.
Selecting 1024x768 does let the game start in fullscreen, though.
I think it might have to do with the menu's being a fixed resolution natively.

We can use the dedicated hosting here.
I recommend using Captain Kwok's Balance mod 1.19i. And I personally like the FDM mod which updates the graphics somewhat.

No AI factions, as those are pretty useless.
Who would be interested?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

DicedT

Do you mean Space Empires V?  If so, a friend and I are looking for an SE V multiplayer.

Michael

Yskonyn

I was talking about a Space Empires V game indeed, but with the current Dom 3 games I digress. :)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."