Armada 2526 Supernova PBEM campaigns

Started by Martok, February 14, 2012, 03:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Quote from: spelk on February 17, 2012, 03:11:07 AM
Martok, are you having problems in Epee's game too?
No, I'm just a dumbass (see my edit in my previous post). 

Quote from: spelk on February 17, 2012, 03:11:07 AM
I'll try and re-send Turn 16 (or 17 if its there) if I can, direct from my supernova mailbox. See if we can salvage our supernovanewbie effort.
Roger that.  I'll keep my fingers crossed! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Shelldrake

Martok,

So far things have been pretty peaceful in our game but I notice that we are both behind the 2 AI races. I am developing some rich worlds. Population growth on my habitable worlds is lower than I would like but I can't afford to cut taxes. How goes it with you?
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Martok

Quote from: Shelldrake on February 17, 2012, 07:35:07 AM
Martok,

So far things have been pretty peaceful in our game but I notice that we are both behind the 2 AI races. I am developing some rich worlds. Population growth on my habitable worlds is lower than I would like but I can't afford to cut taxes. How goes it with you?
So far, so good.  I've got a decent number of colonies now, and the Qa-Qa (who are to the south-southwest of me) seem content to leave me be for the time being.  Am also focusing on building up my planets now. 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

Epee1

Martok, you are doing well in our game?

I'm gettgin confused as to who is on first.   ???

Sure we can start over or whatever you want to do?

It's a game and it's being played with friends. That is always a good thing, win or lose.

Martok

Yeah, I'm doing well in our game so far, and feel no need to restart myself. 

However, if you're not -- if you're feeling stuck (being surrounded by your enemies) and/or feel like you can't make any progress -- I don't want you feeling obligated to continue the game just for my sake!  If you're not enjoying it, I'd much rather we start over. 

W8taminute

Hey guys,

I might be interested in playing a PBEM game with you all, however I just have Armada 2526.  I've got Supernova on my wishlist though and just waiting for a price break before I buy. 

Would anyone be interested in a small galaxy PBEM with vanilla Armada?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Martok

Quote from: W8taminute on February 17, 2012, 11:00:05 AM
Hey guys,

I might be interested in playing a PBEM game with you all, however I just have Armada 2526.  I've got Supernova on my wishlist though and just waiting for a price break before I buy. 
What kind of "price break" are you looking for?  I know it's usually pretty cheap over on GamersGate (currently $14.95). 

Quote from: W8taminute on February 17, 2012, 11:00:05 AM
Would anyone be interested in a small galaxy PBEM with vanilla Armada?
Actually, you would need the Supernova expansion for PBEM games.  (This was one of the critiques of vanilla Armada -- that you couldn't play MP matches.) 

Of course, once you do have the expansion in hand, I'd certainly be open to a game or two.  :) 

W8taminute

^You're right Martok, 14.95 over at Gamersgate is not bad.  I just don't want to buy at that price and then 5 minutes later see them drop it to say 5.99.  But OTOH seeing that there are quite a few fellow gamers here who play, I might take the plunge this weekend.  I've got Monday off!!!  Whoohooo!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Martok

Quote from: W8taminute on February 17, 2012, 01:56:34 PM
^You're right Martok, 14.95 over at Gamersgate is not bad.  I just don't want to buy at that price and then 5 minutes later see them drop it to say 5.99. 
Eh, you know that'll probably happen no matter when you purchase it.  Games are like gasoline --- they drop in price the day after you buy 'em! 

Quote from: W8taminute on February 17, 2012, 01:56:34 PMBut OTOH seeing that there are quite a few fellow gamers here who play, I might take the plunge this weekend.  I've got Monday off!!!  Whoohooo!
Cool.  Let us know if/when you pick it up!  I don't consider myself an expert at all (no, that's not false modesty, I really don't), but I'll be happy to help to the best of my ability with whatever questions you may have.  Just keep in mind I'm generally not much of a warmonger! 

Epee1

I'm fine Martok, unless you want to organize a new game with some of the people here. 

It's a game, and there ain't much to do atm, and it could be illustrative to see how the ai handles the dweeb in the hood.

Martok

Fair enough.  For the time being then, we shall proceed! 

W8taminute

Hey guys, I have bought and downloaded SuperNova.  Need to spend a little time with her before I plunge into a game with real human opponents.   ;)

Shelldrake

Great. If you want we can play co-op vs AI while you are learning (as I still am!)
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Martok

Quote from: W8taminute on February 19, 2012, 12:53:30 PM
Hey guys, I have bought and downloaded SuperNova.  Need to spend a little time with her before I plunge into a game with real human opponents.   ;)
Fantastic!  Take your time, and just let us know when you're ready to jump into MP.  I'm always down for playing co-op against the AI as well. 

...So are you ready yet?  :P 

Shelldrake

Dean Edell