Armada 2526 Supernova PBEM campaigns

Started by Martok, February 14, 2012, 03:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Since the majority of my PBEM co-players are over here now, I figured I might as well start up a thread! 

spelk, any luck with receiving my turn?  Or have we officially suffered a technical glitch? 

How are you doing in your neck of the woods Epee?  My offer to restart (and on a smaller map if you wish) still stands! 

Shelldrake, you're a greedy bastard.  That is all.  :P 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

spelk

Quote from: Martok on February 14, 2012, 03:20:43 AM
spelk, any luck with receiving my turn?  Or have we officially suffered a technical glitch? 

I'll check the game this evening fella.

If not, is there a file I should look for, and manually mail to you? Or vice versa?

Martok

Quote from: spelk on February 14, 2012, 03:23:09 AM

I'll check the game this evening fella.

If not, is there a file I should look for, and manually mail to you? Or vice versa?
I think so, yeah, but I don't remember exactly how to do it.  I'll see if I can remember/look up how to do that when I get home in the morning. 

That being said, what we should probably do first is figure out (if we can) who actually sent the turn last, as of course the problem could just as easily be on my end as on yours. 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

Shelldrake

Quote from: Martok on February 14, 2012, 03:20:43 AM
Since the majority of my PBEM co-players are over here now, I figured I might as well start up a thread! 

Shelldrake, you're a greedy bastard.  That is all.  :P

LOL After I sent the counter offer I realized that you were playing the X..whatever. My bad! Did you like my most recent offer?
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

republic

I would be interested in a game, I'm very very new to the game though.  It'd be fun to have an epic PBEM game with several of us.  I know my enjoyment of War in the Pacific has skyrocketed since Jomni started kicking my around the Pacific in our PBEM game :)

Jarhead0331

What the heck happened to the game we were playing before?  That one seemed to just fizzle and disappear right around the time it was about to start getting interesting.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Martok

Hey spelk, I'm showing the last turn I received in our game was Turn 16.  You want to check to see if that's what you have as well (or not, as the case may be)? 

Quote from: Shelldrake on February 14, 2012, 05:49:39 PM

LOL After I sent the counter offer I realized that you were playing the X..whatever. My bad! Did you like my most recent offer?
So many different ways to mock you for this, I'm not sure where to start...  :P 

Yes, that deal looks pretty good to me.  Takk! 

Quote from: republic on February 14, 2012, 06:04:35 PM
I would be interested in a game, I'm very very new to the game though.  It'd be fun to have an epic PBEM game with several of us.  I know my enjoyment of War in the Pacific has skyrocketed since Jomni started kicking my around the Pacific in our PBEM game :)
I'd be down for another PBEM game. 

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 14, 2012, 06:11:23 PM
What the heck happened to the game we were playing before?  That one seemed to just fizzle and disappear right around the time it was about to start getting interesting.
Didn't you guys run into technical difficulties with the turn getting lost somehow?  (That usually seems to be the biggest problem with MP matches in this game.) 

spelk

Quote from: Martok on February 15, 2012, 06:49:12 AM
Hey spelk, I'm showing the last turn I received in our game was Turn 16.  You want to check to see if that's what you have as well (or not, as the case may be)? 

Yeah the last turn I screenshotted was Turn 16 on the 28th January. I checked inside the game, and there isn't a turn waiting for me in the join/continue game. So does that mean you are about to process Turn 17?

Martok

It means I should've received your turn so that I can begin Turn 17, but haven't. 

I'll start with the simplest solution first, and see if forwarding the last turn from my Gmail account (presuming I did, in fact, receive the last turn from you) to my regular email account does the trick.  I probably won't have a chance to check it til tomorrow to see if it worked (am about to head to bed, and then off to work tonight when I get up), but I can at least get things in motion. 

LongBlade

Klingons! It seems they're at the heart of nearly every problem the Federation faces.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Martok

Argh, it didn't work!  Now I guess I've gotta try more complicated solutions.  S**t. 

Quote from: LongBlade on February 15, 2012, 04:37:21 PM
Klingons! It seems they're at the heart of nearly every problem the Federation faces.
Only when we're provoked.  ;D 

republic

When you guys are ready to start a new game, send me a pm I'd love to try it.

Epee1

Martok,

I'm still at 4 planets with bad guys all around me, and not able to build much.  Hopefully, I'm no threat, so they are pretty much ignoring me at the moment.

If you are doing well in this campaign, just keep it going until I get destroyed. 

Thanks for asking.

Martok

Quote from: republic on February 16, 2012, 07:44:23 PM
When you guys are ready to start a new game, send me a pm I'd love to try it.
Will do! 

So aside from republic and myself, who here would be up for an MP match? 

Quote from: Epee1 on February 16, 2012, 07:44:33 PM
Martok,

I'm still at 4 planets with bad guys all around me, and not able to build much.  Hopefully, I'm no threat, so they are pretty much ignoring me at the moment.

If you are doing well in this campaign, just keep it going until I get destroyed. 

Thanks for asking.
Things are going well enough for me at the moment.  I've got a good number of planets colonized, and the Walden are still my only neighbors. 

That being said, I hate to continue if you're not enjoying the game at least somewhat.  You sure you don't want to start a second match (on a smaller map this time)? 

EDIT:  I'm an idiot, and got my PBEM campaigns confused! 

@spelk:  Gah.  Still can't get the f-ing turn to show up. 

Given that I'm pretty much blocked in as well -- I have only one colony (aside from my homeworld), while the Xpectrada Imperium has grabbed every other piece of real estate around me -- do we want to just start again?  I promise I wouldn't make the map so crowded next time! 

spelk

Martok, are you having problems in Epee's game too?

I'll try and re-send Turn 16 (or 17 if its there) if I can, direct from my supernova mailbox. See if we can salvage our supernovanewbie effort.