Conflicts Review on Armchair General

Started by spelk, September 15, 2015, 05:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spelk

I forgot to post this up here for everyone..

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/conflict-series-android-os-game-review.htm

A good review of some of Joni Nuutinen's Conflicts titles.

QuoteEditions Reviewed: Panzer Missions; Invasion of Poland 1939; Invasion of France 1940; Rommel and the Afrika Korps; Battle of Okinawa 1945; Battle of Moscow 1941

Passed Inspection: Inexpensive, strategic level simulations.  Great replay value. Company is very responsive to user feedback and concerns.

Failed Basic: Some past victory conditions and playability issues but these were always fixed very quickly with updates. Solitaire only – no two player versions.

bayonetbrant

I am the only person that would prefer solitaire over head-to-head?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Cyrano

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

panzerde

Come on, no reason to give Brant guff just because he like to play with himself.
>:D
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Ubercat

I've been doing a lot of war gaming over Vassal and some F2F over the last few years, and I've noticed that my interest in AI focused PC war games has plummeted. I've never had nearly the excitement and challenge from any AI opponent that real players have given me.

Of course, YMMV.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 15, 2015, 06:49:32 AM

I prefer solitaire. I'd play head-to-head if I could, but as there's a dearth of players that live near me, I don't have much choice. All things being equal, I'd enjoy either, depending on the game system.

GJK

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 15, 2015, 06:49:32 AM

Is that a question or a statement?
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

GJK

Quote from: Ubercat on September 15, 2015, 09:03:12 PM
I've been doing a lot of war gaming over Vassal and some F2F over the last few years, and I've noticed that my interest in AI focused PC war games has plummeted. I've never had nearly the excitement and challenge from any AI opponent that real players have given me.

Of course, YMMV.

Uber knows (hell, you all know) I'm the same.  I have a hth ASL match later today but since the gf/fiance/ex-gf/gf/now fiance is out of town and my son was spending the night at a friends I was bored to tears and nobody was really on VASSAL to play so I fired up TOAWIII on a whim.  Hadn't played in years (I did grab that new patch from Matrix).  Found a conversion of "The Russian Campaign".  Small enough map, low unit density and wow, had a good time with it.  Am I derailing this topic?  No, because of the few games of Joni's that I did play on my Android tablet, the very much reminded me of TOAWIII. They are some good, solid games.  Wish they were on a PC though, I just can't play on a little tablet.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

spelk

Quote from: GJK on September 20, 2015, 08:22:40 AM
They are some good, solid games.  Wish they were on a PC though, I just can't play on a little tablet.

++++++++1!