Airboy's Final Carrier Landing

Started by airboy, November 17, 2018, 12:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

I put in my retirement papers two weeks ago.  After I turn in grades in mid-December I'm retired. 

I've worked 3 jobs for most of the last 30 years.  I've stopped consulting and expert witnessing.  The College professor job ends in mid-December.  The real estate development work I've been doing is almost finished (hopefully).  Writing under an anonymous name is no longer necessary.

I'll finally have time for PBEMAIL and face to face regular gaming.

I'm also starting up my own game and travel blog so my accumulated work is easily accessible. 

Avery

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Toonces

Quite.

Man Airboy, that must feel fantastic.  I fantasize about retirement every single day.

Good on you.  Be sure to post a link to your blog when you have it up and running!   :notworthy:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

MetalDog

Quote from: Toonces on November 17, 2018, 02:42:11 PM
Quite.

Man Airboy, that must feel fantastic.  I fantasize about retirement every single day.

Good on you.  Be sure to post a link to your blog when you have it up and running!   :notworthy:

I was going to ^ditto the blog part, when I realized I agree with the whole sentiment!   O0
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Steelgrave

Congrats, Airboy  :bd: :bd: :bd:  Glad to know your retirement plans include more gaming! 

Sir Slash

Way to go Airboy! Welcome to the 'Ranks of the Retired'. Now you're officially annoying to young people. First step is to ask everywhere you go, "Do you have a give a Senior Discount"? Most places don't but it's great to watch young people make faces when you ask them that.  :P
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Ubercat

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

MikeGER

yeh Congrats O0

let us know about the blogs :)

bobarossa

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 17, 2018, 10:51:32 PM
Way to go Airboy! Welcome to the 'Ranks of the Retired'. Now you're officially annoying to young people. First step is to ask everywhere you go, "Do you have a give a Senior Discount"? Most places don't but it's great to watch young people make faces when you ask them that.  :P

Congrats.  Also be sure to ask what day it is a lot.  That brings a lot of eye rolls. 

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Does "Are you really old enough to work here?" help when you want to liven it up?

Sir Slash

Yes, followed by, "Have you seen my teeth anywhere"?

airboy

Today is my last day of classes. 

After today, only final exams.
:bd:

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Sir Slash

Great! Now's the time for the old 'Thumb Tack-in-the- Teacher's-Seat Trick'.   #:-)