Interested in a Grogheads Cthulhu Forum Game?

Started by airboy, May 14, 2018, 10:08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Dang. I was hoping there would be more interest in this and RPG forum games here. Do you really need 6 people?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

airboy

I could run one of the six as an NPC.  But Mike and Carl are the only two hard confirms.  We have two others who have life conflicts who have expressed interest.

I could try to run it with two hard commits, 2 others who will participate as they can, and one NPC - but it will not do as well.

Can either of you scrounge up two more people?  This is not a rules heavy game.  It is more investigation and the combat is not complicated. 

Nefaro

Quote from: airboy on May 16, 2018, 07:49:36 PM
I could run one of the six as an NPC.  But Mike and Carl are the only two hard confirms.  We have two others who have life conflicts who have expressed interest.

I could try to run it with two hard commits, 2 others who will participate as they can, and one NPC - but it will not do as well.

Can either of you scrounge up two more people?  This is not a rules heavy game.  It is more investigation and the combat is not complicated.

Sorry, airboy.  Terrible timing for me, I'm gonna be in a distracting time crunch soon. 

Hopefully you'll find a few steadies.  Probably better to have fewer players, but ones who stick with it, than many with a high dropout rate.   Plan for the worst, hope for the best!  :peace:

bayonetbrant

I think you're just running into the tyranny of the calendar as the summer time is when you got lots of folks on vacation with the kids out of school, and of course game conventions to attend :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

I'm not teaching in the Summer - so I have the time to do it now.  The rest of the year I work.  We are also about to wrap up College Baseball and Softball.  College Basketball is a huge time sink for me.

Dammit Carl!

Can't help much on my end as all my gaming buddies have gone away (from games and such in general to be precise).