Welcome to Snowpocalypse 2015-16, y'all!

Started by JasonPratt, November 19, 2015, 12:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

How can you see with your eyes all shut like that?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

Quote from: MetalDog on February 07, 2016, 09:18:51 AM
How can you see with your eyes all shut like that?

I'm Bill Fucking Murray. That's how.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

More snow today, into tomorrow. Somewhere between 4-8 inches when it's all done. Bitter cold forecast for next week.

I hate that friggin' groundhog.

Bison

Great pics Toonces, but Hawaii looks much colder than I would have expected.

mirth

Quote from: Bison on February 08, 2016, 09:19:25 AM

Blame it on AGW.

Bison

Quote from: mirth on February 08, 2016, 09:22:03 AM
Quote from: Bison on February 08, 2016, 09:19:25 AM

Blame it on AGW.

Trading in pineapple futures is going to be volatile this year.

mirth

Toonces

This friggin' sucks.

Snow day from work?  WTF is that all about?

So I'm using this unexpected free time to continue working on my master plan to get back to Hawaii.  It's a good plan.   :coolsmiley:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

OJsDad

Quote from: Toonces on February 08, 2016, 11:12:27 AM
This friggin' sucks.

Snow day from work?  WTF is that all about?

So I'm using this unexpected free time to continue working on my master plan to get back to Hawaii.  It's a good plan.   :coolsmiley:

Does it involve a tunneling machine. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Toonces on February 08, 2016, 11:12:27 AMSo I'm using this unexpected free time to continue working on my master plan to get back to Hawaii.  It's a good plan.   :coolsmiley:

swim?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

They give the loitering weatherman a snow day? That is fucked up.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 08, 2016, 11:20:22 AM
Quote from: Toonces on February 08, 2016, 11:12:27 AMSo I'm using this unexpected free time to continue working on my master plan to get back to Hawaii.  It's a good plan.   :coolsmiley:

swim?

Toonces, P.I.

JasonPratt

Excellent wifey photos, Toonces! Color and composition are top notch! (Especially the color.)

Your house is as epic as an epic thing, too! -- actually, my first thought was "That looks just like something a player built in 7 DAYS TO DIE!!"  :2funny:

Which I mean as a compliment.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Barthheart

Well... it's not often that we up here in the Frozen North give into winter but we we're told to leave work today. My normal 15 minute drive took about 40 minutes and my residential street already has a foot of snow on it. Weather dudes say it's falling at a rate of about 2 inches per hour.... sure seems more than that.... and it supposed to continue until after 5 pm today.

Looking at the radar images over Ottawa shows that the system has not really moved in the last several hours.... just sorta parked over us.....  :P

Oh and it might change to freezing rain later on.....  :D