Space 1889 - new version?

Started by Nefaro, November 24, 2015, 02:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Was checking CSI when I noticed a new Space 1889 RPG hard copy was released yesterday.

I know some of you love it but wasn't sure if you knew that was something in the works.  I didn't.

Was seeing if they had sent the new Mutant Chronicles 3rd Ed, also from Modiphius, when I saw it on the new releases. 

Dunno how long the new Space 1889 hardbacks(?) will be around.  Their whole stock of MC-3rd was exhausted by pre-orders on the day of release, from what I can tell, and they listed only one copy of 1889 in stock just now.

bayonetbrant

I have some of the PDFs from DTRPG.  You can check out a free preview from DTRPG that's about an 8 page PDF and see if it's to your liking.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Silent Disapproval Robot

Still got all my original stuff in a box somewhere.

Nefaro

I'm guessing this one has new mechanics or something?

I know that's the case with the other sequel from the same publisher.

MetalDog

Remember seeing the ads for it in Dragon Magazine back in the day, but, not sure really what it entails.  Is it steampunk-y?  If so, someone should alert Gus.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Nefaro

Quote from: MetalDog on November 24, 2015, 09:06:45 PM
Remember seeing the ads for it in Dragon Magazine back in the day, but, not sure really what it entails.  Is it steampunk-y?  If so, someone should alert Gus.

I'm not familiar with it, either, other than the same old adverts and summations. 

Yes, I get the impression it's a Steampunky setting mixed with antique pulp Martian Sci-Fi.  Neither of which is really my thing, but I know it has a steady following & recalled people mentioning the Savage Worlds version as one of their favorite settings. 

So posted it I did.  ^-^  Judging by how quickly the initial copies of the new edition have flown off the digital shelves in only a day, I thought it might be worth mentioning to the fans who want to grab it before they're hard to find.  I'm not familiar with the extent of Modiphius' print runs, so these hard copies may become scarce fairly quickly.  Dunno.

bayonetbrant

It's Jules Verne writ large.  It's Victorian sci-fi more than dystopian steampunk.  It's the British colonial empire in space, with all the competing Europeans along for the ride that you'd expect.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

MetalDog

Quote from: Nefaro on November 25, 2015, 12:08:28 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on November 24, 2015, 09:06:45 PM

I'm not familiar with it, either, other than the same old adverts and summations. 

Yes, I get the impression it's a Steampunky setting mixed with antique pulp Martian Sci-Fi.  Neither of which is really my thing, but I know it has a steady following & recalled people mentioning the Savage Worlds version as one of their favorite settings. 

So posted it I did.  ^-^  Judging by how quickly the initial copies of the new edition have flown off the digital shelves in only a day, I thought it might be worth mentioning to the fans who want to grab it before they're hard to find.  I'm not familiar with the extent of Modiphius' print runs, so these hard copies may become scarce fairly quickly.  Dunno.

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 25, 2015, 12:38:13 AM
It's Jules Verne writ large.  It's Victorian sci-fi more than dystopian steampunk.  It's the British colonial empire in space, with all the competing Europeans along for the ride that you'd expect.

Someone needs to make Gus aware of this.

bayonetbrant

MetalDog