Main Menu

Unsung Vietnam

Started by Jarhead0331, May 16, 2017, 09:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

For those of you who need a Vietnam fix while waiting for the next RS2:Vietnam beta wave, check out Unsung Vietnam for ARMA III.

This is a fantastic mod with outstanding custom maps, skins, weapons, vehicles, etc. Just an all around fantastic experience...and...there are single player missions availabe, and of course you can also make your own in the mission editor.

Anyway, here is a mission for you guys to check out. Sorry, for the poor sound quality, I'm testing new capture software and new headset and mic hardware, as well.

Enjoy.

http://armanam.eu/downloads.html
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

demjansk1942

Is it difficult to add this mod?

MengJiao

I added it via the steamworkshop quite a while ago -- before Takradi or Tel Afar -- (not its real name) -- the big jungle island expansion.

So I think it isn't too hard to add.  One nice thing about it is that it adds the tribal forces from 1965 and you can use them anywhere.

Also my tolerance for strange things is pretty high and I just let all the mods combine as they may so for voices I still have the VC/NorthVietnamese
talking while Takistanis dash around and Americans screaming "We're all going to die!" pretty much no matter what.  It's always a shock and all the more so since I don't play ARMA III that often and I tend to forget why there are so many agitated Americans yelling when things go wrong.

Jarhead0331

This mod is not available through the workshop, so I'm not sure which mod you're referring to, meng. There are scenarios in the workshop, though.

The mod is extremely easy to add. It's just like any other non-workshop mod for ARMA3...download, drop folder in the directory, activate through the launcher...that's it!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Rayfer

Excellent video JH....quite the experience.  Thanks. 

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 17, 2017, 05:34:22 AM
This mod is not available through the workshop, so I'm not sure which mod you're referring to, meng. There are scenarios in the workshop, though.

The mod is extremely easy to add. It's just like any other non-workshop mod for ARMA3...download, drop folder in the directory, activate through the launcher...that's it!

Must be the Unsung Unsung Mod.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: MengJiao on May 17, 2017, 03:52:34 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 17, 2017, 05:34:22 AM

Must be the Unsung Unsung Mod.

I don't know what it is, but I know it's not Unsung Vietnam 3.0 Delta.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

If you're still on the fence about this mod, I dare you to watch this video...amazing.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

bob48

Blimey - that is good!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

sandman2575

Yeah, that is damn impressive. Love the haze / humidity effects, with the F-100s circling overhead... and then the napalm strike.

Tuna

Is that a mod, or an add on?

Pinetree

Great vid. The only thing that jars is that everyone has 30 round mags on their M16s.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

jomni

Quote from: Pinetree on May 19, 2017, 07:30:20 PM
Great vid. The only thing that jars is that everyone has 30 round mags on their M16s.

Good catch.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Pinetree on May 19, 2017, 07:30:20 PM

That is interesting. May be dependent on the year of the kit used. If you look in my video, they were 20 round mags. I think the 30-round curved mag started to be used in 1969.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Con

Pretty impressive.

I cant imagine what these type of games are going to be like in 5 years with more processing power and seamless VR

Con