My next model...

Started by JudgeDredd, April 15, 2017, 01:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

I actually started this prior to starting the Su-27. Normally I don't start a model until I've finished one...which is why I haven't done any modelling in the last year because I hadn't finished the Su-27. However, I had started this and then decided to take part in a Group Build "From Russia With Love" and so I had to start the Su-27.

So this has been sitting in the box - all primed (literally) - waiting for me to finish the Su-27. Now I have, I can crack on with this.

I'm looking for a fairly quick finish for this. Only a wee bit of building left, the painting and weathering and very few decals.

Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

I think it looks kind of mean in Olive Drab.

I could add some earth colour to it to give it camo - I might...

Alba gu' brath

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JudgeDredd

Yep - and they generally go together very nicely.
Alba gu' brath

bbmike

JD, every time you post one of these I have to talk myself out of ordering a model kit.  :D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Flying now....

To do...

• A few touch ups with a brush here and there
  • Klear coat
  • Decals
  • Klear coat
  • Weathering

Alba gu' brath

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

Damn that looks nice! Are the tracks individual links or one long rubber piece each?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JudgeDredd

Thank you.

The tracks are 1 piece rubber. I'm not sure Tamiya have moved to multi-piece individual track links yet. Meng and Dragon certainly do. I don't think I'm into separate track links yet.
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Right - all "touch ups" and brush painting done and tracks are on

The front has a slight "fit" issue. I knew that was there before painting and could've filled it, but that would've meant having all the road wheels and tracks in place and that wouldn't have been totally practical. The weathering may take the eye away from it

Alba gu' brath

mirth

DoctorQuest

I think it looks great. If you had not said anything I wouldn't have noticed your "fit" issue. Very nicely done.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

JudgeDredd

Thank you. I think it's turned out pretty cool. It was a nice model. Went together well mostly. Not a huge amount of parts and detailed enough...but then, that's Tamiya.

I'm just wondering at the moment if I can apply my Klear coat with the airbrush or whether it should be with a brush as I normally do it.
Alba gu' brath

bob48

...you're gonna need some more display shelves soon.................
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!