Steam Summer Sale Swag Thread

Started by Jarhead0331, June 22, 2017, 07:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennisS

Blood Bowl II with all the eight expansion teams, and Labryinth, a very cool (and cheap!) turn based dungeon romp.

As usual, I am playing the three dollar game more than the $30 dollar game!

BanzaiCat

Damn...Fallout 4 is only 14.99.

As is the new MOO and Elite: Dangerous.

Ugh.

Gusington

^I'm 7 hours in to Fallout 4 right now. It grabbed me although it is really tough...getting my ass handed to me in ways that Fallout 3 never did.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on June 25, 2017, 07:50:35 PM
^I'm 7 hours in to Fallout 4 right now. It grabbed me although it is really tough...getting my ass handed to me in ways that Fallout 3 never did.

I saw you on Steam ;)
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Saw him in it too and figured he was done with FNV. :)

My son has Fallout 4 on his PS4, so I might take that over.

Quote from: DennisS on June 25, 2017, 02:14:41 PM
Blood Bowl II with all the eight expansion teams, and Labryinth, a very cool (and cheap!) turn based dungeon romp.

That's still pretty pricey, those teams at five bucks or so a pop. Still, if you're getting mileage out of it...

Gusington

Done with FNV for now until I go back and mod it up. Spoke with a buddy yesterday and he said it is a lot better when modded.

I have the opposite issue with F4...really enjoy it except it is frustratingly difficult. I am wondering the Revere Beach T station now just to level up and ignoring the story missions for now because most of them kill me almost immediately since I am weak (Level 6). I do have an armor set but I have run out of fusion cores twice for it already. Learned to repair it and craft some new pieces too. That is the part of F4 that really grabbed me...that a player can get into armor about an hour in to the game. I love the idea of the customization of it too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Gus and I aren't Steam friends?

:'(
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

FlickJax

Quote from: W8taminute on June 25, 2017, 07:50:15 AM
Quote from: Destraex on June 25, 2017, 07:01:44 AM
I want sailaway but am too tight to get it even at 20% off.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/552920/Sailaway__The_Sailing_Simulator/

You're not being too tight.  31.99 for a 39.99 game is not a proper 'Steam Summer Sale' price. 

Quote from: FlickJax on June 25, 2017, 05:56:31 AM
so far:

Ultimate General Civil War
Bejewelled 3 as I am sad
Hard West

Why are you sad FlickJax?

because i am playing older puzzle games more than any of the new games I have been buying!

jamus34

Quote from: Gusington on June 25, 2017, 09:05:47 PM
Done with FNV for now until I go back and mod it up. Spoke with a buddy yesterday and he said it is a lot better when modded.

I have the opposite issue with F4...really enjoy it except it is frustratingly difficult. I am wondering the Revere Beach T station now just to level up and ignoring the story missions for now because most of them kill me almost immediately since I am weak (Level 6). I do have an armor set but I have run out of fusion cores twice for it already. Learned to repair it and craft some new pieces too. That is the part of F4 that really grabbed me...that a player can get into armor about an hour in to the game. I love the idea of the customization of it too.

Stealth and vats shots on legs of melee attacks and arms of ranged ones work wonders. I think in 6 too and haven't even got near the beach yet so you might be under leveled.
Insert witty comment here.

Tpek

Quote from: DennisS on June 25, 2017, 02:14:41 PM

As usual, I am playing the three dollar game more than the $30 dollar game!

I keep waiting for the inevitable all-dlc-collected-edition of BB2.

jamus34

Quote from: jamus34 on June 26, 2017, 04:53:46 AM
Quote from: Gusington on June 25, 2017, 09:05:47 PM

Stealth and vats shots on legs of melee attacks and arms of ranged ones work wonders. I think in 6 too and haven't even got near the beach yet so you might be under leveled.

Jesus posting from phones suck. Sorry about being almost indecipherable with this post
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

Thanks Jamus - I started learning about the wonders of melee 2-3 hours in and have a trustee wooden board to crack people's skulls in. It is surprisingly effective. Long range shots I am still not so great at, and I'm also learning how to effectively use Molotovs and grenades. I had a proud moment in a T tunnel yesterday when I took out two raiders with a well placed grenade toss. But this was after getting killed 100000 times by supermutants and their effing mutated hounds. So I am recovering now - power armor has lost power again so I am on foot. All I really want to do is explore the wasteland...do I really have to be like lvl10 or higher just to explore? COME ON NOW.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Geezer

Pulled the trigger on HOI4 this morning.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Jarhead0331

Part Deux...

Astrokill
Iwo
Luftrausers
Serious Sam's Bogus Detour
The Spacials: Galactology
Versus Squad
Stalingrad
Pavlov VR
Act of War: Direct Action

Total is about $43, bringing me about $25 over my budget for the sale.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

BanzaiCat

Hmm...Stalingrad looks decent for $1.24...but it looks just like Blitzkrieg, which was okay in its day but today I'm fairly meh about. Can't go too wrong for a buck and change though.