Words of Old FRIDAYS

Started by Hofstadter, March 17, 2017, 12:40:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJReich46

I have tomorrow off,

so I'm looking at learning Polaris Sector - learning the nuances of the game. There's a lot to appreciate about it.

Having fun with Battle Academy - Thinking might get Metz, Blitzkrieg and Rommel in Normandy.

Might get back into Emperor or even take a look at CK2 since Monks and Mystics came out.

But we will see.  :)
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Slick Wilhelm

Rule the Waves and Red Orchestra 2 are going to be the order of the day this weekend. Maybe some World of Warships, too.

JasonPratt

Quote from: mirth on March 17, 2017, 08:53:36 AM
She was a cutie

{remembering the warning} "...ahhh, yes, the --- pollen. We don't --- mate, like this. Also, I'm... adverse, to alien pollen. ... .... I think, you should talk to Spock. Not me."
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

WallysWorld

Wings Over Flanders Fields: Ultimate Edition.
Starting in the 21st position at Kansas in Nascar '15.
Finally playing Risen after buying it years ago.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Toonces

Would it be inappropriate to sip Jameson while playing CK2 as Ireland?   ???

8)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bob48

Bushmills, is, according to a friend of mine in Belfast, the tipple of choice.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Toonces

That would have been good to know like 3 hours ago when I was at the liquor store!   :P
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bob48

I gather the custom is a pint of Guinness with a Bushmills chaser.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Toonces

LOL.

Well, I have an awful lot of stuff to do tomorrow, so I'll stick with a wee bit of the J.  If I start "chasing" drinks, I'm going to be a zombie tomorrow.

bbmike

Having some Guinness now. Extra Stout, mind you. It's the only way to go.  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

W8taminute

Quote from: bbmike on March 17, 2017, 07:50:44 AM
Quote from: mirth on March 17, 2017, 07:41:22 AM
Going to play as much Witcher 3 as possible before Mass Effect: Andromeda arrives on Tuesday and takes over my gaming life.

And Andromedans will literally take over your life.

Probably some more Civ6 for me. Not sure what else.

This has nothing to do with gaming but my favorite is this one.  Do you remember the dialogue in this scene?

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bbmike

For obvious reasons I'll let someone else answer.  :coolsmiley:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

I remember those shows. The top one: "She had a set this big". The bottom one: Kirk-- "See that star". Edith-- Jim, where's your right hand"?  Kirk-- "Uranus".  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

I have the weekend off, but have been ironically too busy to have much time for gaming.   (Was out drinking yesterday, of course, and am now getting ready to go drink some more with visit some other friends this afternoon/evening).  I spent an hour or two playing an old Irish campaign in Medieval Total War/Viking Invasion late last night after returning from St. Patrick's Day revelries, but that's been about the extent of it.  Maybe more Irish adventures tomorrow?  We shall see. 

Quote from: Toonces on March 17, 2017, 05:28:53 PM
Would it be inappropriate to sip Jameson while playing CK2 as Ireland?   ???

8)
Hey, why not?  I was fairly sauced up on Guinness playing MTW/VI last night.  :D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces