Entire WV Supreme Court Impeached

Started by airboy, August 14, 2018, 08:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

The entire Supreme Court of West Virginia has been impeached and will stand trial in the Senate.  The reason is excessive spending.  The "office renovations" paid for on the taxpayer dime were outlandish.  One member of the Supreme Court already resigned for fraud for using a state car for personal use. 

See:  https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/14/us/west-virginia-impeach-supreme-court.html

I cannot recall this ever happening in the USA.  Certainly has not happened since Reconstruction.

[I put it here because it is newsworthy, but not that political].

bayonetbrant

The little bit I read about it seems to be focused on the financial corruption of the judges, and pretty apolitical
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak