Steam Summer Sale Swag Thread

Started by Jarhead0331, June 22, 2017, 07:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

So far I've been very pleased with my Age of Charlemagne purchase. It's brought back a bit of that old TW magic I've been missing since Shogun 2. The world is a little more stable and there are less monster-stacks of armies on the move everywhere, buildings are more varied and the economy makes sense. Could be a real winner.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on June 27, 2017, 01:50:56 PM
Underrail is a quirky, odd game.

My first few tries were brutal. 

I often enjoy RPGs being difficult, but I was regularly getting my ass handed to me by the first major NPC opponent I ran into.

You really have to specialize your character stat-wise.  Even then, it's touch & go early on.  I expect it to get better after some level-ups, but I haven't got that far yet.

W8taminute

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 27, 2017, 03:21:24 PM
So far I've been very pleased with my Age of Charlemagne purchase. It's brought back a bit of that old TW magic I've been missing since Shogun 2. The world is a little more stable and there are less monster-stacks of armies on the move everywhere, buildings are more varied and the economy makes sense. Could be a real winner.

Sounds promising.  Let us know more when you've had a chance to spend time with it.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

Will do. I started playing as Charlemagne but want to try-out some of the smaller factions too. There seems to be a nice choice of playable factions.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

There is also a great mod that adds playable Byzantines that I will get to after putting another 1000 hours in to Fallout 4.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

The Age of Justinian if I'm remembering correctly. It's on my games-radar too.

DennisS

Quote from: BC on June 26, 2017, 01:32:19 PM
I thought BBI and BB:Chaos Edition were both terrible games. I fall firmly in the "the damn thing cheats" category, no matter the number of random die roll proof the fanboys out there purport to exist.

BB II I've actually had a decent enough time at. I just can't support a business model that gives you two base teams (Orcs and Humans) and then charges you out of the ying-yang for additional content...that's some iPad App Store BS there.

Thirty bucks is indeed a deal on all that, but they need to package it all together and put a $29.99 price tag on it and not split it up like that. It makes the nerd rage in me boil over.

You can buy all eight DLC teams at once..probably for those individuals that only bought the base game. Cyanide isn't afraid to charge very high prices for their games. I enjoy their Tour de France bicycle racing game..but it be esspensive.

Gusington

Slash I don't think it's called Age of Justinian - it models Byzantine Sicily. The name totally escapes me.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

All righty then. I'll see if I can find that one and check it out.

Gusington

Use the filters in the Steam workshop for Age of Charlemagne mods and the keyword 'Byzantine' and it will be the first mod to pop up. There are other mods that go well with it like a Byzantine fireship mod, Byzantine armor and unit overhauls, etc.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GroggyGrognard

Afghanistan '11

Fallout: New Vegas

Pathfinder Adventures Obsidian Edition

Hyper Light Drifter

OOTP 18

Papers, Please

Race for the Galaxy
(not on sale)

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Ian C

Shadows of Mordor full complete edtion and L.A. Noire complete. Looking at Dishonoured 2 (have they fixed it??) and perhaps Call of Duty WWII.

Gusington

By all accounts Dishonored 2 is now fixed and quite awesome.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I've tried L.A. Noire more than a few times but couldn't get too far into it.

Ian C

Quote from: Gusington on June 30, 2017, 06:52:54 AM
By all accounts Dishonored 2 is now fixed and quite awesome.

Sold.

Picked up Dishonored 2 and Firewatch (+ L.A. Noire and Shadow of Mordor)