Cards Against Humanity

Started by skeptical.platypus, December 05, 2013, 09:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeptical.platypus

I cannot recommend this game enough. I also can't imagine that many of you aren't already fans -- it's right up GH Humor Alley.

http://cardsagainsthumanity.com/
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

Arctic Blast

Yeah, a friend of mine has every card they've done so far. He also printed off about 100 blank answers and 30 or so blank questions that we had far too much fun filling in.  ;D

It isn't something we want to play all the time, but it's a nice twenty minute time filler with a few beers.

Nefaro

Played it for the first time a couple weeks ago whilst swilling beers with some friends. 

I can see that we'll need expansion cards before long.  I'm sure the base set gets repetitive in short order.

skeptical.platypus

Yes, the game is at it's best when you are not expecting the answers. The base set and expansions are pretty chunky in terms of both question and answer cards.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

Nefaro

It was certainly an enjoyable 'party' game.  We decided to immediately play a second time after someone's score swept the game relatively quickly.  :)

eyebiter

Nefaro

BanzaiCat

This game is GREAT for large groups. Played it a few months ago during a game night and we had a ton of fun with it.

Nefaro

For more traditional style card games, I picked up Gloom and Let's Kill from Atlas Games.

While the theme of Gloom is interesting in an Addam's Family sort of way, Let's Kill may be more humorous with it's bad serial killer humor.

Nefaro

Played my third game of Cards Against Humanity last night.  The newcomers loved it, of course.  But I'm already seeing a lot of familiar stuff.

We did have a couple amazingly coincidental phrases and answers pop up at the perfect matching time.  That's when it really brings the funny.

Gusington

Played this with The Wife and another couple a few weeks ago and had a blast...it goes well with drinking.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

Quote from: Gusington on December 28, 2013, 04:34:22 PM
Played this with The Wife and another couple a few weeks ago and had a blast...it goes well with drinking.

I just downloaded the set for free and am now looking to print the buggers...
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

BanzaiCat

Being a sick f*ck helps tremendously, too.

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 23, 2014, 06:38:21 PM

Being a sick f*ck helps tremendously, too.

Werd to mah homies. 

Dickfingers and

I'm A Motherf**king Sorceror!

;)

;D

Nefaro

The base set of Cards Against Humanity has become old hat, so I ordered some 3rd party expansion sets. 

While I hear the latest CAH expansion is unusually filthy, the "Crabs Against Humidity" ones seem to be even more popular for their vulgarian ways.  I grabbed some of those for upcoming casual drink-gaming nights.  Will let you know how they compare.

Crabs Against Humidity vol 1