Interstellar Space: Genesis

Started by solops, November 07, 2017, 10:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geezer

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on November 23, 2022, 09:08:41 PM
... If it's possible for people to still procreate and give birth in such heavy gravity...
Just make sure the men are on top!   :hide:
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Tanaka

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on November 22, 2022, 08:10:51 PM
I've been wondering about this one for a long time.  Is there anything different than MoO2?  Are there at least some clear-cut bad guys out there somewhere?  I don't need details, just tire of Space 4x games without some bad guys in the universe...

Many things are different. The exploration and culture systems are very different and are very cool ideas. One race can tame monsters to use in their fleets among other things. Another race can use small ships as kamikazes. Smaller ships can be quite effective for a long time.

Is there one super evil race like the Antarans? No but possible in a DLC. You can always customize races...

Tanaka

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on November 23, 2022, 09:08:41 PM
5 hours in and I'm impressed.  I'm still trying to figure out how nuanced each planet is--my sense is that it still kinda falls into the Civ I trap that "every city should have the same starting building path", but the ability to pick infrastructure upgrades for your planets as they grow offers a nice balancing act between that and the "specialization from Day 1" path that's emerged in some other 4x games.

In my first game where I understood game mechanics, I've tried to turtle up early and get 4 or 5 different planets colonized and growing heavily.  3 of them are Terran-class worlds; the other 2 are "discovered" huge planets that have some Heavy Grav penalties but also have some sick production bonuses (Rich and Ultra Rich Minerals; one of them also has a Medium-sized asteroid belt I can draw upon) and are big enough to hold zillions of people.  If it's possible for people to still procreate and give birth in such heavy gravity...

What I love about this game is that you cannot just spam colonies. They are very expensive to build and maintain. No civ city spam here. I also play with research and culture at -50%. Makes for a very fun game IMO. And yes you do have pop growth negatives from certain gravities and biomes.

Tanaka

New Patch Out:

VERSION 1.5.2 (changelog)

BALANCE
Evolving Empires
Allies will now consider not destroying Minor Civilizations that belong to their allies (i.e. are inside their allies' territory).

GAMEPLAY
It's now possible to cancel a colony base construction when the project is ready to deploy. A new "Cancel Colony Base" button is now displayed inside the system view when choosing a site for the colony base construction. Salvage is obtained when cancelling the colony base project.

UI & GRAPHICS
It's now possible to use the 'Space' key to end the turn in the galaxy map.

BUG FIXES
Fixed an issue that was causing a construction project at the top of the queue to not finish in the turn it should when another project was rushed right after that one in the queue. The production overflow was being wrongly applied in that case. The calculation was correct, but a wrong ETA was being shown. This is now fixed.
Fixed a bug that was causing Spy leaders to start losing opinion immediately after being recalled from spy duty or right after finishing their last assignment. Now, they only start losing opinion when they are left unassigned for more than 5 turns, just like the other leaders.
Fixed a rare bug that was allowing the AI to invade settlements that changed hands in the turn the invasion took place. The AI would invade and declare war on the new owner of the settlement in question, different from the one they set out to invade at the time of planning for the invasion.
Fixed a rare bug that could cause game corruption after fighting huge battles (more than 50 ships on each side).
Fixed a rare bug that was allowing the AI to invade a settlement that no longer existed (the settlement had been razed by someone else that same turn right before the AI decided to invade).
Fixed a glitch in the Boarding panel in space combat that would show the status of the last boarding action when the new boarding action started.
Fixed a number rounding issue in the boarding strength indicator in the boarding panel.
Fixed a glitch that could sometimes cause the default ammo for missiles to be different than 5 when equipping a missile weapon in the ship design screen.
Fixed a bug in the 'Fricking Fracking' event in which one of the options was incorrectly informing the player that the planet's biome would change to the same biome it already had, and stating the biome habitability would no longer be ideal but tolerable.
Evolving Empires
Fixed a bug that was allowing a leader to be hired after the Kaek affinity 'Hub & Spoke' evolution perk had been picked, which denies an empire from having leaders. This happened when the leader, or leaders, approached the empire the same turn the evolution perk was picked.