In Canada, even F5 tornadoes are eh.

Started by JasonPratt, August 02, 2019, 07:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Some amazingly laid-back footage of a very laid-back F5 tornado, the first (and maybe only to date) F5 rated storm in Canada, in Manitoba 2007.

The resolution is dire (240), but the detail is very good, through a lot of different stages, and the tornado just kinda chills in a field a few miles away going nowhere for a while. Arguably heading toward the guy phone-filming it, but y'know, maybe not.

"Hey, you want a to take a picture in front of it?" "Eh, sure!"

Because when Rommel is scared of you, an F5 tornado is just a nifty piece of scenery. What's it going to do? Feh!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tripoli

Jason-Did you happen to see this footage taken from a drone of a tornado in Oklahoma?

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

JasonPratt

I've either seen that before or something very much like it. Not for a while, though!

The high-def downward tracking to it, is excellent experimental evidence in favor of the current emerging theory that even small tornadoes (like this one) are composed of a bunch of even-smaller vortexes congregating together. (This can be seen briefly, too, in the zooms of the prior video, even at low definition.)

Lee Orf is a leading researcher on this theory, using the "Dark Waters" supercomputer modeling system. This is the most recent full-length lecture and demonstration of his theories. (About an hour.)

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!