Nations At War Gameplay Video

Started by Thrawn, February 21, 2019, 06:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrawn

Here is a new look at the gameplay of Nations At War.  We do not yet have a release date but it will not be much longer. 

-budd-

Looks good, questions: Do wrecks obscure or block LOS? lower hit chance? I assume you can turn the dice off and the sound of the dice. Smoke rounds in the game? on board/off board? AI scripted or dynamic? Same release plan as the other game, a couple of free scenarios/buy DLC? Thanks for any info.

When are you guys getting back to the zombie game, you can never have to many zombie games ;)
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Barthheart

Quote from: -budd- on February 21, 2019, 07:28:31 PM
Looks good, questions: Do wrecks obscure or block LOS? lower hit chance? I assume you can turn the dice off and the sound of the dice. Smoke rounds in the game? on board/off board? AI scripted or dynamic? Same release plan as the other game, a couple of free scenarios/buy DLC? Thanks for any info.

When are you guys getting back to the zombie game, you can never have to many zombie games ;)

Wrecks - no and no.
Dice  - no and no.... at least I don't know how...
Smoke - yes(?) and yes.
AI - dynamic and pretty good too.
Release plan - not sure....

PC game uses the same rules as the board game which you can download for free here:
http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/nations-at-war-core-rules.268/

-budd-

Thank you sir, but i do hope the dice noise can be turned off :) Thx for the download link, will check it out.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Moreb

A fantastic looking presentation. I wish the music wasn't so loud, but that's more a taste thing.

Like I said in the LnL thread here; it's time for some high production value games of this genre to be made.

Again, very impressive.
When dongles fly? - mirth

Grim.Reaper

Released today.....base game at $2.99 with (2) DLC at $7.99 each (on sale right now)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1226000/Nations_At_War_Digital/

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

planetbrain

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 25, 2020, 06:54:13 PM
Instabuy! ...buyed! ....bought!

Ditto plus the 2 available DLC.
Only ever play anything solo (due to social distancing) but am quite aware that I miss out a lot this way.
Mostly harmless

Crossroads

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 25, 2020, 06:54:13 PM
Instabuy! ...buyed! ....bought!
What's there to add to this. Perhaps a wish this would be extended to World at War '85 series as well  :bd:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

I've played the "Nuts" scenario a couple of times now, I like how it depicts the boardgames quite nicely. With no manual, it is still relatively easy to have a game going. I haven't done any rule-by-rule comparisons, but seems quite a neat conversion indeed  :smitten:

Has any of you guys tried it out yet, what are your thoughts :)
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Barthheart

I've played it a bunch, both before and after release. It's a direct port of the bard game. Rules match exactly.
It still needs some work, both UI and AI wise. But that's why it's early access. They are working hard on it.
For the most part I like the UI, just takes a little getting used to.
The AI needs the most work. Still leaves defensive positions for no good reason. Sometimes it gets stuck in one place, decision lock I think.
A some more work and it will be a great game that fills a niche, platoon level, tactical, turn based game play.