Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Other Games Around the Table / Re: Non-Wargames on your table right now
« Last post by mirth on Today at 04:53:55 PM »
The interwebz are vast and mysterious
We need to get a whatchamacallit, 'front page'? or somethin' like that...

How would people find such a thing?

I've heard rumors of something called 'hoppertext' or or is it 'hoopertext'? Supposedly it will be able to magically transport you to other places.
General Discussion / Re: Pictures of Greatness!
« Last post by Staggerwing on Today at 04:39:18 PM »
^That one took a while. I didn't get it until I figured out that the red thing the tech on the left was carrying was a small cooler.
From Origins 6

GAMA Members,

An incident arose through social media at Origins this year pointing out some specific allegations of harassment.

This illicit behavior is a clear violation of our show policies.

This serious allegation has not been taken lightly. We are committed to handling this in a thorough and professional manner. To ensure that a thorough review of any allegation is conducted, we must have statements from individuals with firsthand knowledge of the event. Unfortunately, that did not happen in this instance so gathering the information is taking more time. We understand that it can be difficult to come forward and share a statement after an incident occurs, but with the cooperation from individuals involved we can address these situations in a timely fashion.

As we demonstrated earlier this year, we take harassment very seriously and are committed to providing a safe, welcoming and fun environment for everyone at the show.

We are interviewing all parties involved and gathering statements from witnesses who viewed the incident firsthand. We owe all parties involved a fair process to gather the facts and discern as much as possible those confirmed elements before we act. The ramifications of an unjustified response are simply irreplaceably damaging.

Part of our process review is acknowledging that we need to broaden the community services available for attendees at the show. This includes less intrusive methods for reporting issues of harassment while still ensuring we have firsthand reporting and providing a more welcoming setting if an attendee is not comfortable with speaking directly to law enforcement or show staff.

We are working with the community to enhance those services, adding Victim Services staff as another avenue for attendees to report violations. We are also working with the Columbus Police Department to establish an online reporting process that is immediately accessible to everyone, less intrusive yet still capable of channeling vital information to us on-site so we can act appropriately. We want this process to be non-intrusive and user-friendly so that any person experiencing/witnessing harassment feels comfortable reporting the issue.

It is very important that if you are being harassed or are in any way endangered, you report it immediately. We cannot address issues that are unreported and void specific details that only those individuals with firsthand knowledge can provide.

The idea that this sort of behavior is happening disturbs us greatly and we simply will not tolerate harassment in any form.

We want to work together as a community to ensure that everyone is being treated fairly and equally.

Thank you
Current Events / Re: 9,000 Barrels of Bourbon Destroyed
« Last post by SirAndrewD on Today at 03:53:04 PM »
Quick, lets get out there with straws to help with the cleanup!
Computer Wargaming / Re: Waitin' On That FRIDAY
« Last post by DoctorQuest on Today at 03:34:31 PM »
The weather is going to be very nice so we're working in the garage tomorrow. That and hanging out on the deck.

Going to see "Incredibles 2" on Sunday.

I have a new Celestron Astromaster telescope that I need to get ready for the planet show this summer. Jupiter, Saturn and Mars are all going to be placed for great viewing this summer.

That's cool! Thanks for the link.
Don't forget there's also an asteroid you can see right now.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Battletech is back!!!
« Last post by acctingman on Today at 03:19:50 PM »
I won't lie.....the difficulty settings in the new patch brings warmness to my heart  :smitten:
Role-Playing & Adventure Gaming / Re: Gloomhaven
« Last post by acctingman on Today at 02:44:25 PM »
I think I'll keep my copy because as a co-op game I think it would shine. Single player....no
Computer Wargaming / Re: Waitin' On That FRIDAY
« Last post by Silent Disapproval Robot on Today at 02:40:24 PM »

Thinking about buying a Kel-Tec RDB rifle tomorrow if I can get a decent amount for my Remington R15 in trade.

I have the RFB. Let me know what you think of the RDB.

Couldn't get them to take my R15 in trade. It's .204 Ruger calibre so is basically a varmint rifle but because it looks like an AR-15 and AR-15s are scary, we're forbidden from using it anywhere but a licensed gun range...for our own protection.  They'd only sell it on consignment so I held off from grabbing the RDB (I was surprised they even had one in stock.  Things are flying off the shelves up here as, unlike the AR-15, for some reason the RDB is not scary so you can shoot it anywhere).  I liked the balance of it and I was surprised how light it was.  I was also surprised how short the overall length was.  It's got a 20" barrel but it's still really compact.  When I put it into my shoulder, my muscle memory kicked in and the hand I use to grip the forestock wanted to grip at a spot about 3" in front of this thing's muzzle. 

Quote from: Barthheart
Also fondling my new copy of LnLT v5 rule book. It's awesome.  8)

Bastard.... When are we going to have a re-match?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10