Main Menu

Monitor

Started by OJsDad, November 19, 2017, 02:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

I think it was a 23". I really like this new one and I haven't even adjusted it. Not sure I will.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

OJsDad

The hardest part about getting a bigger monitor, was having to move the mouse more to cover all of the extra screen space. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bbmike

I noticed that too.  ;D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

Just this morning for giggles I read a monitor comparison on Reddit: 144mhz versus 4k with a 60fps refresh rate. Majority of people in the discussion preferred 144mhz. Then I did some shopping online and found an Acer 28" flat monitor for 350.00 and another Acer monitor, curved, 27", for 269.00. I have an NVidia GeForce 970GTX video card for reference. Any advice or recommendations are welcome.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd