Grogheads 2014 Fantasy Baseball Season

Started by Bison, February 23, 2014, 07:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Quote from: Marty Ward on March 17, 2014, 08:16:47 AM
God what a suck ass team I got. Anyone want to trade 12 players? :)

lmao even without knowing what im doing i think my team is pants except two

Arctic Blast

I forgot to re-do the rankings at all. Woohoo!  ;D

bayonetbrant

Well there's just one change I wish I'd made - should've bumped one of my 1B's up a bit higher in the rankings, but overall I'm not unhappy with what I've got.  Now for the fun to begin :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

are we sure that just 2 SPs/ team are sufficient?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Yes.  Might do to add a few Bench spots though.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Marty Ward

Quote from: MetalDog on March 23, 2014, 01:55:01 PM
Yes.  Might do to add a few Bench spots though.

Either that or increase the number of moves you can make. If you have 5 SP and 3 RP on your roster you have basically no bench.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

MetalDog

I don't mind a few more Bench spots, but I don't see any SP or RP slots being added.

Marty Ward

If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

MetalDog

Because Bison has it starting next week.  You'll have to wait for him to answer in order to know why though.

Marty Ward

Quote from: MetalDog on April 01, 2014, 05:57:09 PM
Because Bison has it starting next week.  You'll have to wait for him to answer in order to know why though.

Probably be the only week I win big! :)

Bison

This was no reason to begin on week 2 of the regular season other than the fact that is the option yahoo gave me to start the season.  My only thought is that there were some non-regular season games going on in Australia at the start of the season iirc.

I put a note up in the league but the following changes were made:
20 inning pitched minimum
+1 Bench spot

Marty Ward

WTF I have 5 starting pitchers on my team. 4 are scheduled to make their only start of the week on the same day. The other is making his only start of the week today. I need some good outings to get to 20 innings!

bayonetbrant

or trade for some relievers.  Get a solid closer, and he should get you 3-4 innings reliably most weeks.

Marty Ward

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 09, 2014, 10:14:40 AM
or trade for some relievers.  Get a solid closer, and he should get you 3-4 innings reliably most weeks.

I have 3 closers. None have appeared this week.

bayonetbrant

so they're not closers, they're wayovertherers, huh?  ;)