Pride of Nations - New Patch

Started by bbmike, July 26, 2015, 07:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

I'm willing to at least try to see if the turn data files are compatible.

...... yeah, I know that didn't sound like a ringing endorsement.  ::) :P

Are we going to have a new thread for adminning it?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bbmike

I'm probably the last one left who cares, but a new Pride of Nations patch has been released!

Pride of Nations 1.04.5 Changelog

Extra fixes on events chains:
- US Civil war. Is now a normal occuring event from early 1861. Has a 10% per turn, so retains some variability.
- Indian Mutiny. Fixed some conditions on province ownerships and is now working as expected. India will be fully British if the mutiny is crushed.
- Crimean War: simplified and fixed the potential AI/human controlled variables and diplomacy opening moves. We now have a very likely Russo-Turkish war, if France &/or GB are human they get a CB, if AI they get bounced into a war. Italian, Austrian and peace parts are all as before.

- 1880 campaign had spheres of influence restored
- fixed several missing strings
- you need Imperialism 4 to DOW
- That, for a given resource, all countries selling it, are selected at once in the trade interface is deemed normal. The original design was never to buy to a specific country.

- 1850 GC gets many extra fixes, courtesy of Siegfroh
- Added back many missing files (thanks Prussia). Not all as some are not needed. Please report if you believe a file is missing AND necessary.
- A ruler can now only declare war if he has an Imperialism of 7. This will severally limit the AI widespread warsImprovement in how the diplomacy entries are displayed in the diplo panel.

- static/garrisons units get back replacements as normal
- flags fixed on the diplomacy screen
- you can't interact with nations tagged as 'non formed nations', i.e w/o territories
- AI should not DOW such nations either (please report with backup folder if you see a DOW
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Tuna

Just in time for the first turn of our Grogheads game that we were starting a few months ago!!  :idiot2:

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jomni

Silent Disapproval Robot

I fiddled with it briefly this evening. 

I like the new tabs and there does seem to be a bit more info available via tool tips and new info panels.  I did notice that there is one type of Russian cavalry where the unit artwork is a bit screwy.  Only the top half is visible.

Scroll speed for moving the map around seems a lot more sluggish.  Turn processing length is still about the same.  A lot better than it was on first release but still bloody slow.

bbmike

This game will always be slow. It's one of those games like War in the Pacific where you'll start a lot of games but probably never finish one.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Geezer

I got the game a while ago when it was on sale but have yet to play even one turn.  So many games, so little time...
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

MC

If anybody is interested in giving this game a go and doesn't have it yet, let me know and I can can pass along my extra code for Steam. Send me a PM if interested.

Boggit

Quote from: jomni on July 18, 2017, 09:44:29 PM
Does the game run faster?
That is a key question for me, although the glacial speed of my grand Soviet Campaign in Gary Grigsby's War in the East makes PON look positively speedy!

I am facing German turns in GGWITE taking an hour or more. The 4-5 minutes in PON is nothing in comparison. (I have raised the WITE game speed with Slitherine support - and that support ticket is still outstanding after a couple of months - I wonder if 2by3 will ever actually address the issue?)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

solops

Quote from: Boggit on July 29, 2017, 07:41:22 AM
That is a key question for me, although the glacial speed of my grand Soviet Campaign in Gary Grigsby's War in the East makes PON look positively speedy!

Curious...what kind of rig are you playing on? My son and I built desktops in the summer of 2015 and so far I have had no delays...but I have not gotten into PoN or a long grand campaign of WITE....and I might not if processing time is really, really bad. I remember waiting 30 minutes a turn for SSI's Gettysburg to process on my Apple IIe. Not doing that again.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

-budd-

I am facing German turns in GGWITE taking an hour or more. The 4-5 minutes in PON is nothing in comparison. (I have raised the WITE game speed with Slitherine support - and that support ticket is still outstanding after a couple of months - I wonder if 2by3 will ever actually address the issue?)

Are you running the latest beta patch for WITE? ...item 5 under new features..     http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4296097

If your already running the latest, i got nothing for ya ;)
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Boggit

Quote from: -budd- on July 29, 2017, 12:59:21 PM

Are you running the latest beta patch for WITE? ...item 5 under new features..     http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4296097

If your already running the latest, i got nothing for ya ;)
@-budd- and Solops

Thanks for your help.

My rig is a pretty average Intel (Core) i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93 GHz (4 CPU's), ~ 2.9GHz

I don't think I am using the beta. I didn't subscribe to betas for it on Steam, but item 5 looks brilliant. My game started getting incrementally longer for the AI to play in the GC, adding roughly a minute a turn, so it wasn't really noticeable to start with. By turn 60 the AI was taking just over an hour to do its turn. I was playing the Russian's and apparently it isn't a problem if you play the German's.

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try. O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Boggit

I've started a new Russian campaign. So far so good - run like hell and dig in around Moscow, Leningrad and Kiev... To be honest the first few turns have a lot going on, so it's hard to get a handle on slow AI turns. When things slow down and you get only a few attacks a turn, that will be when I see if this has worked or not. Fingers crossed!