Angry Joe's Top Ten Best and Most Disappointing Games of 2017

Started by JudgeDredd, January 10, 2018, 07:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greybriar

Quote from: Gusington on January 17, 2018, 01:07:33 PM
I almost...ALMOST...bought Battlecruiser 3000 AD.

I may have Battlecruiser 3000AD around here somewhere, although I don't know for sure whether I do or not. The collector in my made me buy the boxed version of Battlecruiser Millennium despite Derek Smart having released it on the Internet for free.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Greybriar on January 17, 2018, 01:32:36 PM

I may have Battlecruiser 3000AD around here somewhere, although I don't know for sure whether I do or not. The collector in my made me buy the boxed version of Battlecruiser Millennium despite Derek Smart having released it on the Internet for free.

Battlecruiser 3000AD is also released for free : http://3000ad.com/download/

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 17, 2018, 12:24:26 PM
Battlecruiser 3000AD was WAY ahead of its time...if Derek Smart wasn't his own worst enemy, he may have been successful with the franchise. Its a real shame.
It was buggy as hell - at least one version of it was.

But I agree - ahead of it's time in gameplay.
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Pete Dero on January 17, 2018, 01:38:34 PM
Quote from: Greybriar on January 17, 2018, 01:32:36 PM

Battlecruiser 3000AD is also released for free : http://3000ad.com/download/
lol - 134MB!  :DD
Alba gu' brath

joram

Battlecruiser 3000AD was WAY ahead of its time...if Derek Smart wasn't his own worst enemy, he may have been successful with the franchise. Its a real shame.

The concept maybe but the execution was abysmal.  I tried and tried to like it but it was just so bad to play.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: joram on January 17, 2018, 05:31:36 PM

The concept maybe but the execution was abysmal.  I tried and tried to like it but it was just so bad to play.

My experience was the same. Yes, I mean in concept. My recollection is that most of the systems didn't really work and didn't have much use anyway. But the idea...the idea of controlling a capital vessel stocked with Officers, Crew, Marines, Away Vessels, Weapons, etc. The vision was very forward thinking...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

mirth

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Con

Quote from: mirth on January 17, 2018, 07:56:24 PM
Hahaha! I am never out of Scotch.
Mirth will put on fishnet stockings and turn tricks at the Portland harbor for nips of scotch

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd