"Six Days in October" -- Game Time Is...

Started by Cyrano, October 15, 2016, 11:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatricvs

Messages back on and some orders sent and hopefully received...cheers!

Cyrano

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Cyrano

Game Time Is:  1600 hours on 11th October 1806

If you have received no messages from Control, presume that you have no enemy contacts and are marching under the orders submitted.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Cyrano

Game Time Is:  1700 hours on 11th October 1806

If you have received no messages from Control, presume that you have no enemy contacts and are marching under the orders submitted.

One hour until nightfall.

I will allow a brief respite on the clock in case commanders have dispatches/orders they wish to transmit over the next day or so.

JasonPratt

EX TER MINATE! EX EX EX-EX TER MINATE!

(Note: not my actual orders.  O:-) )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Cyrano

Game Time Is:  1800 hours on 11th October 1806

A boatload of sitreps just went out and some more will come after this last hour between dusk and full nightfall.

JasonPratt

Excitedly looking forward to the next Turn!

All hail Cyrano for umping the umpty ump so far.  :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

dom

Hurrah for Cyrano...  hopefully the work he is doing is being well-rewarded by the entertainment he receives from the marshals and generals wondering wandering about in the dark.  :)

Cyrano

You are both very kind.

I am having fun, although calculating end-of-day fatigue is an hoot.  :pullhair:

I am most enjoying:

1.  Knowing what others don't (always so for umpires).

2.  Seeing some aspects of this sort of game "click" for newer player.

3.  Davout's dispatches.

James Sterrett

Cyrano

Game Time Is:  1900 hours on 11th October 1806

It is now full night.

I will call for 12th October orders shortly after completing fatigue calculations for 11th October.

Cyrano

Game Time Is:  0500 hours on 12th October 1806

<:-)

Please note that I am "soft opening" the 12th.  There's still a bit of madness taking place under the cover of darkness and I will give folks a day or so to sort out any last bits of business.  So, if you've not received an 11th October SitRep please fire me an e-mail?  I think I got everybody, but this is far from a perfect process.

Once all this is wrapped up I will call for orders for dawn on the 12th.

(And I am always reminded how insane this must have been for the army of clerks Napoleon employed to manage this in the event.)

panzerde

We could all use a Bessier in our lives.

Thanks for cranking through all of this, mon ami!

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

JasonPratt

I was out until late last night (birthday dinner at Cracker Barrel); and may have picked up a touch of the flu this morning (see: last night  :buck2: ). I plan to check over reports and issue orders appropriately tonight, but could be tomorrow -- in about 45 minutes I plan to drive home and crash, hopefully in that order.  ::)

Cyrano

Get well.

That timing works out fine.

I'll continue to work through the evening's jiggery-pokery.